Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Making lemonade out of a gang rape


I'd heard that Kim Roberts the other stripper, who definitely was NOT raped allegedly or otherwise by a Duke Lacrosse player, was seeking publicity. But, until I read this extract from an email she sent to 5W Public Relations (a firm that handles PR for Lil Kim and other celebs), I thought nothing of it.

From AllHipHop.com:
"Although I am no celebrity and just an average citizen, I've found myself in the center of one of the biggest stories in the country...I'm worried about letting this opportunity pass me by without making the best of it and was wondering if you had any advice as to how to spin this to my advantage. I am determined not to let any negative publicity about my life overtake me. I'm so confused as to who to talk to for relevant advice and I hope that you can return my e-mail. If you cannot help, do you know of any names and numbers I can call?"

She's a 31-year-old stripper trying to get famous (in a good way) out of a situation where her co-worker/associate may have been gang raped and at the very least was dangerously drunk. As if being an over-the-hill stripper didn't make her enough of a low-life! Clearly these girls aren't friends, but a situation like this should bring them closer. The PR firm says that they're talking with her about the situation but she isn't a client yet. They also say she's a big fan of Lil Kim. (I'm sorry I should have warned you before I dropped that stunning news, huh? I hear Lil Kim doesn't have many stripper fans.) If you've seen this Kim on TV, she's really not helping either side of the case, she's simply running her mouth offering no information that will help viewers solve the case. Maybe it's that we're from the same state, but when I heard her voice on TV I was like, I know her! Meaning I've met dozens of hers, chicks who have an inflated sense of self-esteem and could care less about other people's feelings because they know they're gonna be a superstar someday, although they have NO natural talents, practice nothing and hone zero crafts. (My hate levels are way up this week, which is why I'm on a blog vacation. And I've been pulled away from my sleep-filled vacation to talk about this chick.)

Everyone knows that trial by media comes first then whatever justice is left can be handled by the courts. But, I've gotten a good laugh out of ABC's reporter hmm.. which one, maybe Chris Cuomo? Yes. He's spent a lot of time in Durham covering the case, and he was on the air saying that what HE "wants to see" are the rape-related test results from the doctor. Um, come again? Are you a reporter or fucking Columbo? He's already seen pictures from the team's party that are evidence for the defense, and the defense's cooperation with his citizen investigation totally comes across in his coverage. If he gets to see her test results what will he do with that info, share graphic details about the status of her vaginal area with the nation? I'd be horrified for her and every woman who ever charges a good, clean college boy (who just happens to be white) with rape.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yea i could smell the hate through my damn cpu screen atsui lol...
but yea when I heard she was speaking out I waited at the TV w/baited breath...only to hear her ass say ABSOLUTELY nothing.....
Apparently she has changed her story too which makes me mad...its like I guess I fell into the hype the first few weeks and swore these rich white boys did it...but now I am def in nuetral ground and not believing SHIT anyone has to say about this whole ordeal... I mean it don't seem like she is just doing this for fame...she hasn't shown her face no stories have surfaced of her trying to extort...but it seems the Durham PD is fUCKING up...showing a lineup of just the lacross players w/their uni's on....just shotty...i just want some truth and for jesse jackson to go the hell home

4/27/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

Essence Magazine has gotten the closest to the victim by spending time with her mother, father and other relatives. They say she's said she wants to drop the case a couple times and that she's basically running from place to place in fear that someone will find her, and I guess kill her. Apparently they've been calling with death threats and even left flyers threatening her life on the lawn. I don't see why you'd lie on college boys. On superstars, I totally get it, but she stands to gain nothing but embarrassment. Oh and maybe some justice, but that will pale in comparison to the embarrassment. If you ask me.
http://www.essence.com/essence/lifestyle/takeastand/0,16109,1186512,00.html

4/28/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home