Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Friday, April 07, 2006

A few quick things


Before I hit the party trail for the weekend..

I just HAVE to discuss "Black and White" because they finally gave me what I'd been waiting for all this time - the Black mom Renee(?) dressed in white makeup.. And boy do I feel like an asshole for anticipating it. FIRST of all, this bitch talks all that shit about the white family not getting "it" and trying to point out who's racist, when HER ass goes into white makeup and makes no attempt to change her speech pattern. I really dislike the notion of "speaking black" but in this situation, she really communicated like a black woman. Just in her tone and word choice.. she didn't fit in- not to even mention her fucked up skintone. Then she tried scrapbooking and all these Martha Stewart activities.. she didn't even know what the hell scrapbooking was! Why would you expect to make a connection with a group of people if you don't share their interests? Does she think skin color is THAT powerful? Renee is like Bruno in many ways, because she thinks that Carmen represents all white women.. at least that's what I'm seeing.

Did someone say "Bruno?" Oh, because his ass was rubbing my nerves once again. He had to hang out with what he calls, "ebonic speaking black people" which was a major problem. They were smoking and drinking and playing this strange game called "dominoes" or "dominoes, mutha fucka!" (at times). Dude had a look on his face like there was dog shit in the room. But his real problem wasn't the black people it was the smoking and drinking, he doesn't get down like that.

And my girl showed her first signs of jungle fever on the last episode. (Am I the only one who thinks she is a lot like that character Katie on Dave Chappelle's "Mad Real World" skit? Where the white guy has to live in a house with black people and they sleep with his girlfriend and stab his dad? ) Anyway, I knew that shit was coming. I'm just glad she didn't fall for the 16-year-old Eigth Grader!

OK.. there must be something else going on in the world. This really isn't even what I signed on to discuss.. But I do want to share one more thing. Yesterday was a bad day for me.. for various reasons. But mainly I woke up on the proverbial wrong side of the bed. So everyday I park in a garage and there's a woman who parks there with me. She drives a hummer. No prob. Not an H3.. a huge Desert Storm Hummer. But yesterday I came face to face with her while waiting for the elevator and almost wanted to confront her ass. Like, Excuse, me. Could you please tell me why you drive that monstrous vehicle and park in the fucking handicap space?!!! PLEASE! What handicap person can ride in that thing? You're obviously not handicap so go ahead, tell me who is? And when do they ever get in your car?! But, of course, I didn't say anything to her. I just got on the elevator and realized that I was going to have a bad day. I mean, I know and have known a lot of handicap people, and if the disability keeps them from walking normally, they usually have problems getting into high profile vehicles. Not to mention that there's no chance person in a wheelchair could lift himself that high. But, on a good day I just laugh at how she's gotten over on the system.

So.. Georgia representative Cynthia McKinney issued her apology on the house floor yesterday. She said that there shouldn't have been any physical contact in the incident with the Capitol Hill cop. (No shit, thanks for joining us in the land of reality.) And she said, "I am sorry that this misunderstanding happened at all, and I regret its escalation. And I apologize." I hear that this took place after a meeting the night before with the Congressional Black Caucus. I wonder what they said.. maybe "Girl, will you stop rocking the boat?" "Do you want massa to beat you?" "They may throw your ass in jail and then you know Black Americans don't need any more bad press!" It's just kinda funny that this woman's behavior became an issue that her black congressional peers had to step in to handle. In a way, it shows that they are a community and look out for each other. But in another way it shows that they hate seeing the race card played as much as the group it's typically pulled out against, white people.

I have to admit that I kinda winced when she tried to make it out to be a racially motivated incident. It very well could have been, but you can't say that the copy wouldn't have done the same to someone of his own race. Cops are jerks in general- yeah I said it! Kinda like that cop that tried to give Harold a J-walking ticket in Harold & Kumar go to White Castle. And with that digression, I think I'm done.

I will be at the Cherry Blossom festival on Saturday at the J-Pop stage. Please come by and listen to Japanese pop music with me if you're in the area... mainly because misery loves company. Also, do rent Suicide Club. A Japanese film about kids killing themselves in large numbers.. it was a wonderful mix of blood, strange behavior and funny moments. My favorite line, "I want to die. You want to watch me!?" delivered by a school girl who appears to not have a care in the world, much less any reason to kill herself. Maybe something got lost in translation.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to start by saying that I received a J-walking ticket in front of my work building. Now, I work on K St, which may be the widest street in DC. There is barely enough time for someone in sneakers to make it all the way across, so how is someone in heels supposed to. And when did the little right turn section where buses and taxis pull over become its own separate street.

Moving on, Bruno makes my skin crawl. First of all, he's an elementary school teacher and someone had to explain to him the definition of reparations. How is this a concept he had never heard of before. Then he doesn't understand the concept that poor black people are the descents of slaves who were unable to build themselves up despite the fact that they worked incredibly hard because they were never paid wages, and slavery has created a cycle of poverty. Did he think that when the Emancipation Proclamation was signed, black people were immediately offered good schooling, management jobs, and 401ks?

Did he actually say that playing dominoes is not his element?!?! Isn't that the point of the project? To experience things outside of your comfort zone? Ok, so he said that sitting there was like being in a foreign country where he didn't speak the language. Don't most people when faced with frustration like that tend to go buy a phrase book or something so that they can manage. He has made no attempt at all to even learn the language.

4/07/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So Bruno... it was a dominoes game. Substitute it for poker, change the color of the players...and it's nothing more than a group of men, playing a game, possibly smoking and telling stories they may not tell around the women in their lives.

So Atsui... before you off on the extra large truck-driving handicap woman, consider this. A friend of mine always cracks these sarcastic jokes. Usually they are funny, at least to me. This time the joke was on her. She thought she'd comment to this guy she'd just met, "Man, you know you don't need a handicap decal. You need to give your granddaddy his car back". Turned out he wasn't physically handicapped. However, he did have a kidney or liver condition (I don't remember exactly) that qualified him for the decal. SHE FELT this SMALL.

4/08/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Astui's defense, my mom convinced her doctor to prescribe her a handicap decal because she hurt her shoulder and claimed that when she went shopping the cart kept rolling to the side and she couldn't push it very far in the parking lot.

4/08/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

I just don't believe every illness renders you handicap or warrants a sticker. Like Intl_princess' example. I think while I could possible find some reason to apply for one, I just don't need it. Much like the lady driving the hummer, I walk just fine. She works EVERY day.

I think ppl need the stickers so that they can park close to buildings because the walk is a problem. The sticker allows them to park in larger spaces with more room to unload wheelchairs and walking devices. I think the sheer size of her car implies that she has a certain amount of flexibility and high-funtion motor skills. I mean, I drive an SUV, so I'm not a high-profile vehicle hater. But I also know that if I'm even wearing a skirt and heels, hopping in my car can be a challenge.

But, overall, I know there are far larger issues in society to tackle... I would never confront homegirl, because my list of jerks to confront is TOO long to start with her..But that brings me back to the moral of the story. Misery loves company and on a bad day, I think there it's instinctive for some ppl to transfer their negative energy by picking arguments with others. Luckily I fight the urge. I'd be jobless for sure.. if i didn't.

4/10/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

intl_princess loves to hate "Black & White" I wonder if anyone watches the show and feels good when it's over? Like, that was great! I'm ready for bed, now.

4/10/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home