Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

D12 rapper Proof is gone


Proof was shot and killed early this morning at a club, of all places, in Detroit on Eight Mile Road called the CCC Club. I haven't heard anything on why, but reports say he was dead when he arrived at a hospital in Detroit by private car. (Good Lord, call an ambulance at least!) He suffered a fatal gun shot to the head. This was an undignified end for the 32-year-old D12 member who was just the best man for Eminem's 2-month marriage. I love the club, everyone who knows me knows I feel a special way about partying, but please don't let me die in, outside of, or even NEAR a club. If I do, let's pretend that I didn't. Deal?

Proof was Em's best buddy from way back, he was Mekhi Phifer's character in 8 Mile. He was at an illegal afterhours spot. I also read an older interview where Proof had said that his mother runs an after hours spot in Detroit, but I don't know if it was her spot that he was shot at. There was another man shot in the head at the club this morning, and he's in critical condition, but still alive. Some say it could be Bizarre of D12, that's the fat guy, but Interscope records confirmed that Bizarre wasn't even in Detroit last night, he was in Atlanta. So, don't believe the rumors. I'm stunned and disappointed by this news. I'm just sitting here thinking, WHHHHHYYYYY!!!!????? And I'm not even a fan, it's just that gun violence is out of hand. For every rapper shot, how many regular dudes have been lost?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is too bad. Proof was an amazing artist and was just beginning his rise as a solo artist. Proof, you'll be sorely missed, but we'll never forget you. R.I.P. Proof.

4/12/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

Details are coming out about the Proof shooting and they're saying that Proof was shot by a bouncer, who's turned himself in to the police. The bouncer is the cousin of the other shooting victim, who's on life support and has brain damage. Apparently Proof was fighting with the bouncer's cousin in the club. Once outside they say Proof beat him and shot him in the head. Then the cousin killed him, in what? Defense of the unarmed cousin, which means he may not get any time at all. Talk about getting what you give.
http://www.vh1.com/news/articles/1528549/20060412/proof_of_d_12.jhtml?headlines=true

4/13/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home