Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Thursday, February 09, 2006

What's a Grammy?



Is a Grammy an award for the artist with the prettiest fans? Maybe it's for people who have the best publicity teams? Dunno, but here's what really had me stumped last night.

1. How did Kelly Clarkson beat Mariah Carey for a vocal performance award?
2. When did Kanye West become the best rapper? I may have asked this already. Best rap album, song AND solo performace? Save it.
3. How could Kelly Clarkson forget to thank American Idol in two acceptance speaches? She remembered God and Jesus and I'm thinking American Idol is an earthly equivalent for this chick. That show gave her the life she's living.
4. So is Kanye like the Napolean of the rap game?
5. Was it just me or did Will.I.Am share a questionable look with John Legend last night when he came on stage for the award? If you don't know Will and John are friends from way back, John worked on Elephunk.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHYYY oh whyyy did Sly Stone come on that stage? Now Ima pretty young dude, but one time I was in the record store and bought a Sly and the Family Stone greatest hits cd. and it was pretty tight...so I was hype when I heard he would be performing. Firstof all I never knew he was 61 i was putting him at 55 at the oldest. Secondly he looked like mr. T starrting as the hunchback of notredame...he was HORRENDOUS looking and sounding

2/09/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i missed the grammy's, but about will.i.am and john legend. i've thought for some time that john legend was like johnny gill, if you know what i mean. if that's what you mean, then they probalby did share a questionable look. "not that there's anything wrong with that" (circa, Seinfeld).

2/10/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

well.. not that it doesn't come through in video and photos, but I've met and talked with Legend and um, his sexuality isn't even questionable. If he weren't a celeb, you wouldn't even wonder if he whether or not he was gay. You would just be like, who gay John? Oh, I know him.
But I just hate to assume that a gay or bi or sissy acting man can't have a male friend and not be tapping that. In fact, I know they can. But Will.I.Am had the dreamy eye for a second.. or so I thought.

I didn't get the Sly Stone thing either. Maybe they should have left that sleeping legend whereever he was. I missed the performance, maybe "Lost" was on. But I saw the pictures.. and don't sleep on how his performance was like the BIG Grammy treat.. Thanks Grammys! They must have dipped into the same bag of treats that the Super Bowl's halftime entertainment team pulled the Rolling Stones out of. Another stale goodie.

2/11/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

yo. i just saw the red carpet show with Joan Rivers again and she asked Common if this was his first time at the Grammys. He was very polite and said, "No I've been here before. This is just my first time being nominated for so many." Dude did win with Erykah Badu for "Love of My Life."
I'm not mad at Joan Rivers, what the hell does she know. But it bothers me that Common is still unknown (it's not just Joan) and Kanye is the award-winning hip-hop savior.

2/12/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home