Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Crappy interns and Michael Vick get the gas face


I peeped out my Google Analytics and decided hmm... someone's reading this crap. So here I am typing instead of preparing a project for my finals. I miss the days where I'd sit at work and blog for 30 minutes...

I think of interesting blog topics all the time. Like the other day when I was at work and got a returned FedEx package from August. The best I can think of is that I asked an intern working with me to send this package out. She messed up the address, FedEx tried to find the office and couldn't because she also forgot to add a phone number, which would help them find the recipient. She only lasted a few weeks, the intern, before she had to quit. But the question that ran through my mind was: How do you manage to make a former employer dislike you more FOUR MONTHS AFTER you're gone?? I thought she sucked when she left and was slowly beginning to realize that she would not improve with time.

She was the poster child for crappy interns. I mean, she found ways to make the simplest shit, i.e. shipping a FedEx envelope, complicated. I couldn't understand what would make a college student with no experience in my field think that she could find a better way of doing a job that I've been doing for years. I would give specific instructions and get almost nothing back because she came up with a harder, more time consuming way of doing something. Sigh... She reminds me of the intern who wore headphones around the office all summer and hated to ask her boss questions. I was thinking, why are you here? This also reminds me of that MTV show The Hills. I caught a few episodes while studying over the weekend. Man, that Lauren girl is an IDIOT. She was an intern at Teen Vogue and chose spending the summer at the beach with her boyfriend over going to Paris for another intern opportunity. Man that was dumb. For any women under 25 reading this, always pick opportunity over boyfriend. If you live this way you'll never regret it.

Hmm, what else? Michael Vick. So he was sentenced to 23 months. Do I care? Eh, not really. I mean, I don't watch football, he's not that cute to me (but he is kinda sexy). Then throw in the fact that he kills doggies in his free time and I'm thinking, "Micheal who is going where?" I could give two turds. I don't think his sentencing is totally fair, but there's a long list of inmates ahead of Vick in my protest queue. I mean, Mumia Abu-Jamal is still in jail. And there are 127 journalists behind bars around the world for simply reporting the truth. I'm supposed to think twice about this dude? I've moved on to R.Kelly's sentencing. Can we get this over with already? If he doesn't get 23 months, I'm going looting. Who's coming with me?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So when exactly is R. Kelly's sentencing and does he know? The radio stations apparently don't, because they are promoting the mess out of his Orlando concert.

12/12/2007  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

I think the trial starts some time in 08..Sentencing is jumping to the conclusion that he'll be found guilty. I mean there are 14 counts, must be one that can stick.

12/13/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home