Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Inquiring Minds Want to Know:


Why the hell does one night in a NYC hotel cost the equivalent of half of my monthly rent on two bedrooms in NC? How the hell do they justify the cost of a hotel room in major cities? I've stayed in many hotels that charge $400/night. (Of course I never pay that rate) But I don't see anything in those rooms that justify the cost. Especially when I'm only paying 1/4 of the cost because I booked on priceline.com or got a special rate. Usually the CD players impress me and the spots look great, but they usually don't have ice machines, soda machines or free breakfast like the discount hotels. WTF? I'm paying $400 and I have to pay $2 for a Pepsi? In a can? Get the fuck outta here.

Now the last jiggy hotel I stayed in was the Topaz in DC, it was more like $250-300/night. They gave me gummy bears in a cute plastic jar shaped like a bear. I feel a certain way about juicy, chewy, colorful fruit-flavored gummy bears. They would also have allowed me to bring my cat and provided him with a water dish. Plus, their staff was super nice. I can respect their rates. But I still would have traded in my gummy bears and the plastic jar for a continental breakfast like the one at Residence Inn in Midtown Atlanta. They had the waffle machine popping, fresh fruit, whipped cream, coffee, eggs- boiled and scrambled, bagels, toast, grits, yogurt, cereal, hot swine and I'm sure I'm leaving shit out... all for like $80/night! That's all I'm asking for.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hostels, my friend. Hostels. I just today booked 4 nights in NYC for a grand total of $110.00 USD. I'm not even going to have to stay in a room with 5 stoned, cheese smelling foreigners. Of course, my "private room" is 4x7 and has no ceiling. That's right, I'll be resting al fresco. Then I have to share a bathroom with the afore mentioned Wafty German Funboys.

So, in the end, if you don't give a shit about personal safety, privacy or ceilings, you can stay in the Big A for very little $.

Also recommended: A 6-inch blade.

10/05/2005  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

I'd also like to recommend bringing your own bedding.

10/11/2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home