Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Monday, August 29, 2005

Reaching Out


I've decided that blogging is driven by guilt. I'm writing not because I really have something to say, but just so that I have something to post. So, here's what's on my mind:

I really think that Fat Joe kept it real at the VMAs by publicly dissing 50 Cent & G-Unit. It was funny and quick and didn't violate any FCC laws. I give him a 9. While I knew 50 Cent had to come back with something, I thought that he could have came WAY better. It was like kids shouting insults on the play ground and trying to use all of the curse words they knew. OK, Fat Joe is a pussy. I get it, but he just punked you so now what? I give 50 and Ya-Yo a 5 for their come back. They get 3 points for attempting to say something and 2 points for throwing all good sense aside and keeping it gangsta. Since that's what they say they are, I'll give them points for just cursing up a storm on stage. But, I would have been thrilled if 50 had came up with a little freestyle and ripped that at the last min. I'm asking for too much, I know.

On a totally different subject, I'm really concerned about rumors I've heard about Mos Def. A lot of us jokingly call him our baby daddy, but this is not so funny now. First I hear he ran off and married a girl he met in a Toronto nightclub. Then NY Post's Page Six said that Mos was already married to another woman and has five kids by five different women. Now, these things are fairly easy to confirm since they're all public record, but it's all a rumor right now. So, you know how that works. It seems like the Toronto thing is true and I think the only good news here is 1) You can meet a rich husband at the club, 2) Just because he may be married already, doesn't mean you can't marry Mos Def.

Wait, there must be serious world issues on my mind too... I'm concerned about the fact that I kinda missed the clearing of the Gaza strip. I did see a few images of soldiers crying as they had to remove their own and I did catch that it was emotional. What I didn't feel was the historic weight of what was going on. I watched water being pumped from a pond on several 24-hour news channels when they were looking for Natalie in Aruba. I wanted to watch people rolling out of Gaza. A straight up live video feed is what I wanted... just like the water leaving the pond in Aruba. Everyone knew THAT shit was going down. Maybe it's just me and there's no one to blame. I have been a little busy lately, I'm probably missing something historic right now...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, the clearing of the Gaza Strip could have been covered a bit more in depth. I mean that chick (not) in Aruba is still making the news daily. I wonder who her parents know. The hurricane down south is a huge deal, I know the price of oil will continue to rise yadda yadda, but every freakin channel had a dumbass reporter trying to stand out in the rain to prove how deadly the storm was/is. Once again idiots continue to dominate the media. Clearly, watching leaves hit someone strapped to a pole is more news-worthy than a historic exodus.

On a different note, I am extremely bothered by MTV allowing R Kelly to perform at the VMAs. He quite honestly scares me. What was so amazing about his ability to write such a crazy intense saga and then perform and sing all the parts by himself. What do you have to take to create stuff like that? On top of that, that one crazy performance probably will make him more money than the rest of us will see in a year.

8/30/2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home