Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Meet me offline to cut [me up into little pieces, that is]


So, I've been thinking long and hard about what's REALLY on my mind. Then it came to me, after I asked a buddy what I should blog about and he sent me a link to this video from the "Daily Show." My Space, Friendster and all of these social networking sites where teenage girls go and act older only to be raped or murdered by sexual predators. Now, that's how the local and national media outlets would describe these sites. It's the story of the day, "What are your kids doing on the internet?" "Are sexual predators coming through your modem?!"

I know there are some My Space fans on here, so speak up. Have you ever been molestered by an online "friend"? Do you lie in your profile? Do you feel that you've shared too much about yourself? And Friendster fans, I've been there. I must say, I can't get into it, but I have a few friends-of course I know them all in real life. I mean, these places are for grown folks like us.. so you don't have to explain anything really.

I think these sites are getting a bad rep for the silly youngsters who talk to anyone, send pics to the entire world and fear nothing. It's going to take PSAs starring their peers who've gotten their freak on with an online buddy and wasn't happy with the results, to make them wise up. First of all, what type of sexual predator who has to meet chicks online would be someone you'd WANT to have sex with? I can just see these losers now. They actually use screen names like Nick Lachey and shit to get these kids hooked, which is just shameful.

On the radio this morning the DJs were talking about an elementary school that's in trouble because children were caught performing "sexual acts" on the playground and parents didn't feel that they were notified. Then all these parents called in saying that little girls are too aggressive sexually and they call little boys too soon, blah blah. (I guess it was a little girl doing the sexual favor for a boy at school.) Is it just me, or are these parents just catching up on something that has been going on for decades? I saw sexual acts go down in preschool and by middle school people were really having sex. Babies by high school. I think I've lost my point.. oh yes, these online social sites. They are not the problem. The kids lying to be members, developing nasty screen names and sending messages to strangers are the problems. They probably initiate convos with sexual predators, not to say that it doesn't go both ways..

As far as children humping around on the playground and whatnot, um, that's not news. And I was shocked at how many callers wanted to blame music videos and movies that kids watch while unattended.. instead of blaming themselves. No one said, my daughter may have overheard me talking sex with my girlfriends. I've seen many of children sit around or run through the house while grown ups talk sex and do other "adult" things, like drink. No one said, maybe my daughter wants to chase boys because I buy her sexy clothes and she doesn't know what to do when she feels "sexy." No one said, these girls were probably introduced to sex by a sexual predator that their parents welcomed into their home with open arms- which many times, is the case. By the time teens are logging into Web sites and talking nasty, they've already been turned out. You can only learn so much about sex from music videos.

The problem is this: Kids are stupid, that's just how the aging process works. But unfortunately, they don't feel stupid or vulnerable. They feel invincible and smarter than adults. So, I don't see any way to protect them. I give up, until I have my own.

Anyway, check out this video- it's funny.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was cute. i do think the people on facebook are stupid to list their dorm name and room number.

2/23/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home