Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Monday, February 20, 2006

the return of the slam dunk





So I watched the All Star Slam Dunk contest this weekend and the one thing I can agree with is that the Slam Dunk is back.


There was so much creativity, and although Iguodala was completely robbed by the judges, the competition was really tight. I think Kenny was the judge who changed his number at the end. The whole time I was like, "why do the judges need to do so much damn talking before they raise their cards?" It's like they had to do the math first, which I think is unfair. But if you didn't catch it, Iguodala of Philadelphia had two 50-point dunks, and lost to Nate Robinson (5'9") of the New York Knicks. It was the first time they'd ever had a tie breaker in the Slam Dunk competition. [NBA.com has pics and a video ]
Now, Nate got one 50-point score for getting a bounce pass from 1986 Slam Dunk Champ Spud Webb (5'7") then jumping over him and dunking. It was nothing short of awesome, in fact this dude's hops are just crazy. BUT the dunk before that he took what? 20 attempts to complete? And his tie breaking dunk took like 10 attempts to complete. It was cool, but Iguodala did hot shit [oh like catching a bounce pass off the back of the backboard] with a normal amount of attempts. To me, Iguodala is the winner, but I can see how Nate won. He just wowed the crowd and was SO relentless that everyone was cheering for his little ass and just really wanted him to win. But I ain't mad about it. All is fair in Love and Basketball. [ Or at least that's what some cornballs would say at the end of this blog. Not me, I'm just saying it because it seems like a decent ending, but I know that it's actually lame.]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home