Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Chris Rock killed 'Half & Half'?!


Hey,

I had a super duper weekend, in case you were wondering. I know you were. Then it came crashing down on Monday morning when I had to go to work and bring home the turkey bacon. Then to make matters worse, I was doing some research and discovered that people are saying that "Half & Half" on UPN was supposed to make the lineup for the CW, but a last minute call from Chris Rock to the president of CBS got the show canceled. Apparently, Chris felt that the boring and miserably unrealistic show "All of Us" (which just happens to star his brother Tony Rock, "Diamond" from Player's Club, Duane Martin and a kid who talks like he's reading cue cards!) deserved to stay on the air. Once his wish was granted, there was no room for "Half & Half," although I argue that they could air "Half & Half" on Sunday at 9 p.m. and push "Top Model" back to 9:30, but what do I know. So, AOL's Black Voices reported that the show got the call at the last minute that they wouldn't return. I like Chris Rock and his huge teeth, but "All of Us" sucks and I hope it gets cancelled mid-season. And I hope his brother has to move his entire family into Chris Rock's house and I hope that his kids eat all of Chris Rock's kids' cereal. And then he'll learn that if he'd let that sorry show die a silent death then his brother would have found a new job in no time.

I'd like to end with a confession, mainly because i feel no one is reading this anyway. Last week i saw Nas for the first time at a listening party for Kelis and I lusted after him. A married man! He was cute in a I-have-no-idea-how-sexy-I-am way. Oh, the new Kelis album sounded alright and the party was the best I'd been to in years because Belvedere drinks were free for 2 hours! I had another brush with celebrity on last Friday when I met T.I. I fixed the King of the South a plate of food and I fixed it with love, giving him extra potato salad (because he's a little thin). I didn't lust after T.I., in case you were wondering. But I do like thin men with lots of money, in case you know of any.

PEACE!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yea...good LOOKIN on lettin us know bout the free belvy about 20 min b4 it was over...lol...i didnt want to see nas or hear kelis anyways! :-(

6/06/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm mad at CR. I hate "All of Us". Lisa Ray is a horrible actress. She talks like she's reading, which means that she's not a very good reader either.

I wish I could have lusted after Nas. I'm jealous. I did eat at Relish when last I was in Brooklyn though. That's where they filmed Kelis' Milkshake video.

So why did you serve TI food? You kind of left that part out.

6/08/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home