Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Friday, June 23, 2006

Joe's Apartment


Remember that flick about the guy who lived with tons of roaches?? Well, I know a person who's in a similar situation and just can't handle it. I won't share her name, but this is what happens when I tell you about my blog and you never visit. So, she's sending a letter to her landlords, who are TOTAL slum lords, about the situation. She has to put everything in writing b/c this is a serious situation.

But I still think this letter is hilarious so I will share a snippet. Here goes:

First of all I appreciate you finally coming to fix and replace the items that needed fixing since 4/28. However, I am stilling having problems with roaches. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t kill at least two or more roaches. Roaches crawling all over the kitchen, roaches on my dinette table, roaches in my brand new microwave, roaches in my bed, roaches crawling in the kitchen sink, on the sink, hiding behind scrub pads, crawling on the side of the refrigerator door, there are even roaches in the oven, dead of course. It’s a good thing I hardly use the oven because I would hate to find a roach in my casserole. Open the cabinet doors and roaches come falling out. Every time I go to open my cabinets, I have to be on guard with roach spray.
On March 17th I spoke to the manager who informed me she would put me on the pest control list permanently. Two weeks went by and no pest control. I called the office and found out I have to call every week. They really need to come everyday. I am not sure what they are spraying but I have more live roaches than dead.


So there are also some pesky neighbors in her building which she adresses later in the letter:
Just this morning, I found a beer bottle in front of door steps. Why is someone leaving their beer bottle in front of my door? I hope the person who did this has more common sense than to think I would be stupid enough to leave a beer bottle outside my own door. Every week there is trash on my patio. Today it’s a beer bottle top and wrappers from crackers. Last week it was a french fry box from Wendy’s. When is it ever going to stop? I am beginning to wonder if this is being done on purpose. Not saying that it is but why don’t these people use their trash cans?

Because they're losers? Or maybe, it's not their trash, but the roaches trash! Those roaches are probably partying their lazy asses off while she's at work paying for their apartment. Man, I had to live with roaches once. I dealt with it for like 2 weeks before I had Tony Montana moment and slayed them all. At first, I didn't know what the bugs were, then when I looked them up on the Internet and learned that when you see one that means there's overcrowding in their hiding places, it was a wrap. I could barely sleep at night, and they never even made it into my bedroom! It wasn't a laughing matter for me at the time, but now that I look back it was kinda funny. And I know exactly how my girl is feeling. I would be sleeping in the damn leasing office, answering phones after hours and telling people not to live there. Eating the cookies they lay out for the guest.

Oh one of my worst experiences with roaches was while visiting a sexy boy. I'll spare details of just how sexy he was.. or what my nickname for him was.. But NOW his nickname is NASTY. (And not in that "boy, you so nasty" way.) He invited me to his apartment and there were 'nuff roaches- everywhere! In his only defense, I'll say that he was living with someone else who already occupied the apartment, so the roaches were definitely there already. I tried to ignore them and watch TV, but I went to the bathroom and when I turned on the faucet a roach came out instead of water! I screamed and jumped back- then I'm all looking around to see where the roach's homies are at. They're right there chilling. Dawg, my friend didn't even ask me what was wrong and i know he heard me! He already knew. And so ended our friendship. lol

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROACHES
lol
man im not even a get freaked out by bugs person...so when I was a kid roaches didn't bother me...but since ive grown and realize they are in the pig/blow-fly/rat/pigeon/catfish realm of nastiness seein them kinda makes me bitch up...
I remember my grandma had them bad and when u would cut onthe lights at night
like 50 would b all over the floor...so my 7 year old ass started stompin my ass off slayin bout 15 of them...b4 being yelled at by my pops to stop...he was FURIOUS lol...guess he'd rather hav them alive than hav to stoop down and pick up 15 mushed ones...lol

i wonder is this girls landlord going to do anything...like i can take them in the kitchen
but damn
in the bed???

6/23/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can you put a little warning at the beginning of the really funny blogs? i work in a cubicle and everyone wants to know what's so damn funny.

since i handle subscriptions for you in my office, this has been forwarded along. ;-)

6/23/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

Another one of my homegirls had a grandmother with a few roaches, not a true infestation (and really stale food). We were pouring Kool Aid one day and roaches were frozen into the ice cubes, I swear! They were definitely floating in the Kool Aid, but I think they melted out of the ice..
I think this is because older people have so much shit in their houses that it's impossible to keep things clean and keep track of what needs to be thrown out.

But yeah, homegirl's roaches are very unruly. I mean, they've used the microwave more than she has! And that bitch wasn't just in the bed, I want to say it was under the cover.. but I could be saying that because it's really funny to imagine a roach all tucked in.

6/23/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

everyone please direct all interview and media requests to Red State Hostage, my publicist

6/23/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah...my peeps in sc had them pretty bad too....i didn't even know they were roaches when i used to stay down all summer. I just called them bugs. lol...hey guess thats what happens when u live in the hood...this was also the place that routinely had 'fire cracker wars'..you know....shooting bottle rockets at each other. Roaches and Rockets, and Spam...OH MY...

God I love being Black

6/23/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I was little, my grandma had roaches. She was really old and didn't have any toys at her house, so my brothers and I made up a game of who can kill the most roaches with the fly swatter. My mom would get mad and tell us to throw them away when she caught us, but who wants to touch dead bugs? So we would count them up and then sweep them under the refrigerator after she left the kitchen.

I really don't think I could sleep comfortably with bugs in my bed... I think I would feel dirty all of the time

6/25/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

yo.. it's funny how many people speak of killing and collecting these cuckarachas. How about my girl has now been asked to collect a few dead roaches because her landlord didn't SEE them when they went in in the middle of the day to check the place out. Apparently, they felt that roaches should be crawling the walls night and day before they can determine that she has a true infestation.
Also, they thought that maybe she'd leave their droppings laying around because they didn't see those, which is a sign of roaches. She's like, what the hell do roach droppings look like?? lol.
They also pointed out that everyone else in the building is either happy with roaches or doesn't have them because she's the only person complaining.. CRAZY!
So she's like, I guess I'll get a bottle to collect my roaches in.. Let me point out that she's so clean that she's getting a NEW bottle for the dead roaches. I'm like, yeah get a tall one with a lid in case they wake up and revolt!

6/28/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home