Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Butt tubes and the boob tube


My weekend rocked pretty hard, in case you were wondering. I went tubing for the first time. I put my lovely brown hump in a tube and floated down a river, having no clue what was ahead. There were a few dips, but it was really fun overall. One friend of mine, who I will allow to remain nameless, should have been there. And she was, but she jumped out of her tube as soon as the rest of the crew had floated just beyond a point where we could do anything to stop her. Then she hopped the bus back to the meeting point and took it easy while we faced death on the river for an hour. You couldn't really die out there, well, possibly. But I think most of us felt it was only a possibility if you fell out of your tube. One other friend of mine did fall out of his tube, and, boy, did he throw a fit. I "saved" him, although he had the tube over his head and one arm through the hole and really couldn't have went under again. It's always fun after the fact to see how people look and talk when they think the end is near. Especially when you know it isn't. But he couldn't swim and his feet weren't touching the bottom, so I can relate to the fear. My girl who jumped out of the river couldn't swim either. Regardless, tubing is fun and doesn't require swimming as long as you keep your ass in your tube.

OH! And you can drink while tubing. You're not really supposed to I don't think, but we had rum and cokes. And many other tubers had a tube just for their coolers to float in. Now, alchohol makes tubing more fun, but as you can imagine, it makes it more dangerous if you fall out and happen to be drunk. So, I say drink in moderation. No Patron and tubing. I'd say beer is a safe bet.

There were many rocks in the river I was on, and it wasn't until you bumped all up on one that you could see these creepy grey crickets that were covering the rocks. They were fearless little bastards and would jump directly at you for invading their space. I even hear that if a man were to pee on them, they may jump at his manhood. This sounds crazy, I know, but these crickets were kinda strange in appearence and behavior. And like I said, there was rum involved. My question is, why stand up to piss in a river?! LOL. You're ass is already in water. lol. But, I mean how much sense could these crickets have in those miniscule little heads of theirs? They probably jump just because and without looking where they're going. What was I talking about? Oh.. go tubing some time. [the picture above is of the river I was on, but I'm not in it. I actually don't know those ppl at all. It's not my pic, but that's where I was. And do you know that people were climbing those mountains in the background? They're crazy.]

Now, since I can tell from our last chat that people LOVE to HATE the shit I watch on TV.. I will now discuss a new show I saw last night. Ahem,

Did anyone catch the show, "How To Get The Guy" on ABC? I watched, not that I have problems in this category, but I'm thinking hey, I'm back on the dating scene again and could always use some tips. They take four educated, good looking women and try to help them meet "THE" guy, not just a guy, but a single, non-gay man in San Francisco. They give them tips on how to meet and also make them date in volumes. Shit, I already knew that. Like one of my girls said once, "dating is like shoe shopping. You have to try on lots of pairs to find the right one."

Anyway, I'm not sure how I feel about the show yet. I just thought it was interesting that they broke the four women into different personality groups like "The party girl" " The girl next door" "the career girl" and the fourth I forget. The one thing that I learned last night is that in order to get the guy that I want, I need to be within four feet of him and I need to smile and make 4 seconds of eye contact. No more! Then if I'm really desperate and he's ignoring me, I should ask a question. I'll share more tips when I get them, next week.

Now, go on about your B.I.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The other girl was "The Dreamer". I was a little upset that Teresa Strasser was the Love Coach. They say that she writes a relationship column. So what was she doing hosting one of those TLC do-it-yourself design shows? I can't remember which one it was. I think maybe, "While You Were Out".

I started to watch the show, but they made the first girl look so stupid that I went to bed. You could see the people in the background looking at her as she repeated the steps with every man in the vicinity. Man did she look desperate.

I also didn't like that when they took her to the bookstore and dumped her in the magazine section, they told her to pick up periodicals that she had no interest in just to spark a conversation. That's not good advice. If you pick up Field and Stream and he asks you about fishing, or whatever it is they talk about in that one, you're not going to have an intelligent reply. She ws trollin hard though.

6/13/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

d.a. where ya at?


Nah I'm just playin. I'm actually interested to hear what they say. I always love when they give women advice on how to "catch that man." We could not be more simple to "catch"... At least initially.



Do the smile/eye contact/ask question thing.

When he approaches, Talk.

Laugh at jokes.

Don't act crazy when he asks for your number (assuming you're still interested).

If the convo is getting a little too long, cut it short and give him your card/number. Maybe it seems desperate in a females mind but to a dude it just looks like you know what you want.

When he calls, act like you are glad.


Congratulations. You have just met a dude.

Guaranteed results.

6/13/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

Thanks Kuh lay!! I don't have to watch the rest of the show now..

I need to work on the "act like you're glad" he called part.

I must admit that I feel asleep on these pitiful girls to and that the Girl Next Door was a trooper because I would have gotten a number real quick and been like, OK! Let's be out! That shit looked embarassing as all get out.

6/15/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home