Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Friday, August 11, 2006

Going to cop this album today!

I like New York, but I hate New Yorkers that think it's the center of the universe. Especially when it comes to hip-hop. Man, if I hear another person talk about hip hop being dead, simply because New York has fallen off I'm going to slap them with a slice of that dry-ass, thin NYC pizza. I spoke with Heavy D recently and asked him if hip-hop was dead. He was like, what do you think? I told him that it's changed and evolved (we may not all like where it went) but it isn't dead. And I made it clear that I think many people feel that it's dead because Southern rappers rule the airwaves and they're so different from the pioneers. Oh, before I forget, he thinks it's near death, no surprise. But he thinks it can be revived. He also told me that I only think it isn't dead because I'm under 30. So, if that's the case then the generation that started hip hop is just too damn old to appreciate it any more. Right? Sorry... By the way I totally respect Heavy D and would never slap him with a slice of dry-ass NYC pizza. It's all love.

Anyways, hip-hop lives, similar to the church of baby Jesus, in our hearts. (Which is why I sleep in on Sundays, but that's another post.) As long as hip hop fans are alive, so lives hip-hop.. As Mos Def once said, hip-hop isn't some giant sleeping in the hill top. And with that, I present proof that not only does it live, it lives below the Mason Dixon line. Lil Wayne's freestyle on Rap City has to please even the oldest hip-hop head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home