Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Friday, May 04, 2007

Grey's spin off


Tell me you saw "Grey's Anatomy" last night! I knew it would be long, but that shit felt like it was on ALL night. Of all the characters they could spin off, I never thought it would be Addison. I thought it would be Izzy, for real. Speaking of Izzy, I hate the "thing" between her and George. It's such a stupid story line. Why would she want George? I wasn't even clear on what Callie saw in George, but I let it slide because, hey, there's someone for everyone.

Back to Addison's show. I think one thing we can all agree on is that there's a sunny side to the spin off.. Taye Diggs is back on TV every week. Am I right? I was pining for that smooth cocoa complexion and those dimples.. [exhale]. He reminds me of a chocolate chip.

So I read someone else's blog about this and I wish I hadn't because now their thoughts are commingled with mine. Anyway, that person pointed out that the cast of the spin off, which takes place at a California hospital, are older but more horny than the "Grey's Anatomy" cast. Now older is easy to do, but hornier? It's true. There were more steamy lip locks last night than a telenovela. I felt damn-near inspired. It made me want to meet a stranger who would offer me his tongue to cheer me up. Oh, if you missed it: Addison wants to have kids now that she's divorced and no longer dating the man she cheated on her husband with. It seems like she's leaving two doctors (McSteamy and McDreamy) in Seattle to get a sperm donor. HA! Anyway, she finds out she can't have kids... something is wrong with her something. Long story short, she's in the stairwell of the hospital crying, like any professional woman would, and a sexy guy who works there stops to flirt with her. She "kirks" out, as the kids say these days, and starts saying how she's dried up. So he says "I'm going to kiss you now. With tongue." And he does, and she quivers, and suddenly she reminds me of the red-head "Band Camp" chick from American Pie. Don't ask me why. So of course she has to ask, "Why'd you do that?" [As if her breakdown wasn't a cry for attention] and he says he wanted to remind her that she's not dried up. "Let me know if you need me to remind you again..." Whatever.

This show could be alright, if you like your TV smutty. Meredith lost another family member last night too, this time it was her step mother. Which reminds me! She got smacked by her dad. She said the stepmom would be fine and only had the hiccups. Guess not. He was pretty pissed about that.

I think I'd have to vote yes for the new show, but it can't come on the same night as Grey's because they're too much alike. They'll surely run out of medical mysteries. If they want to keep all of these new characters, they should merge the hospitals and run the show bi-weekly. There's barely enough room for all of the characters to breath as is. I think George could be transferred to the new hospital if things go well. That'd be nice I think. Although Izzie thinks it'd be "unfair" wah, wah, wah.. it's all about her. I can't wait for Callie to find out Izzie shagged her husband and kisses him on elevators and in little closests. She's going to open a can of plus size whoop ass.

What I missed was the incident that sent Addison to Santa Monica. What'd that mean guy do? Someone tell me. I also wonder if he may be falling for the chick who lost her memory, they sure do talk a lot.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alex is definitely falling for memory loss chick. What had happened was...

The girl with the memory loss clued him into all of the gossip that she can hear from her bed at the nurses stand. She verified that "Red" (as she likes to call her) was hot for some Alex. They kissed, then had sex in one of those little closets. At the end of their shift, she offered to help him study for the intern exams. He told her, in no uncertain terms, not to think that they were going to be a thing just because they had sex.

So I wonder how much longer Grey's can last. They run trains in that staff, so unless some new blood comes along all the love stories have been exhausted. Let's see, there was:

-Chief (divorced, trying to get back in the game)

-Red (McDreamy, McSteamy, Alex, soon spinoff Dr.)

-McSteamy (divorced Red, on the fence about Grey)

-McDreamy (cheated w/ Red, one night w/ Callie, turned down by Grey, still wants Red)

-George (Meredith, Callie, Izzy)

-Izzy (Alex, dead patient, George)

-Yang and Burke (marrying)

-Bailey (married, and too private for us to know much)

...that's a lot of hook-ups, and it's only the second season.

Now on another note, does part of Isaiah Washington's rehab for gay bashing T.R. Knight include his character being really into this whole wedding planning story line? His bride-to-be could be less interested in all of his cake choices, gown comments, and planning with their moms.

5/06/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to say it...
but how could Alex be interested in this memory loss chick? she is as we used to say on the playground..."oooglay"...I mean I know she recovering and all but still....and how do u pass up a GREAT piece of MILFass like Addison??

I can't see George bein this playa-from-the-himalayas now that I know he is gay...that line just isn't working for me...

I hope McDreamy dumps Meredith...i just hate that character for some reason...

and I think this spinoff is a DUMB idea...there was NOOO clamour for this woman to get her own show...This wasn't George Jefferson on All in the Family...or The Ropers on 3's Company...she was a ROLE player...not a breakout star...but we'll see

5/09/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well i damn sure spoke too soon.
I had tivo'ed the episode...and I must say it is a rather interesting premise this spinoff.
I doubt I'll watch it b/c it is a lot like grey's but it was interesting I can't even front.
And let me re-iterate Addison is a MILLLLF

5/09/2007  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

I think that's the only reason why Addison was chosen as the spin off, her MILF factor. Because she even said in interviews that most viewers hate her character.

Grey's is too popular to go anywhere. But they need to be careful with these crazy stories. Oh.. RSH, you forgot that Alex banged the lady with terminal cancer too! LOL

5/11/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home