Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Slap me once shame on you..Slap me twice shame on...me? Wait. Slap me ya ain't gon' slap me again!



So I'm shuffling through some hip-hop news, cause I get paid to, and I ran into this article about Talib Kweli (new album hits stores June 19 and I think I'm copping it) getting smack by his girlfriend at a party. The couple went to a shindig at Fiddy Cent's crib and they had already been arguing at home. So they start drinking and the shit gets started again, this time she pimp slaps him in front of other people and witnesses say that he started crying. lol.

Now that last part just sounds like some funny shit to add at the end. Like, "Man, I was at 50's house this weekend and Talib Kweli was there arguing with his girlfriend. She smacked the shit out of him."
"Word?! "

"I saw it myself. Then I heard that he was crying in the bathroom a few minutes later."
"Did she use baby powder?"
"You know what? I thought I saw her pull something out of her purse!"

It just doesn't make sense. The article on Allhiphop.com said that Talib owned up to the argument on the air with Miss Jones in New York.
"I was at 50's house and I got into an argument with my girl and it got physical. Wasn't nobody going into a room and crying. I'm a passionate dude and sometimes women get passionate. She got out of pocket and she got checked. It was an ugly situation for both parties and it didn't make either one of us look good. I'm glad its over with."
He also said:
"[Alcohol] had something to do with it," he admitted. I got passion in my life and sometimes, as a result it bubbles over. If you are in a relationship...yeah, she was out of pocket for that."
And will he take her back after she emasculated him in front of colleagues and fans?
"That was something small compared to the relationship," Kweli said. "She wasn't trying to play me. She was upset and something I did so she was being disrespectful, because she was upset about something that had happened before."
Shhhhiiiiitt... I WISH A MUTHAFKA WOULD put his hands on me. It really shouldn't matter that she's a woman. Well, maybe it matters a little. It's not like she hurt him. But how are you gonna disrespect him in front of all those people? And his persona keeps them living the high life. What if fans say, "I'm not buying that album because he's a battered boyfriend," which is really wack. Then he'll be riding the D train out of neccessity, not just to keep it real.

You can't let things go that far, really their main problem is that they fight like that at home. Clearly they have a physical relationship and now it's spilling into the public. "Passionate.." That's one word for it.


4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nah.. I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you there, Atsushi. When something as complex as a relationship is concerned, you can't make hard and fast rules like that. Well, you can but you shouldn't, in my opinion.

For instance, people sometimes cheat and get caught. Sometimes that doesn't break up the relationship. Can you say those people were wrong? No, because it all depends on the circumstances. What if they have kids? What if one cheated because the first one did? What if the cheater honestly did make the biggest mistake of his/her life and truly regretted it and would never do it again? What if the cheater is the love of your life and you're still in love after you find out? What if... etc. etc. It depends.

Same thing with getting slapped in public. And, honestly.. I'd much rather get slapped in public than have my girl cheat.

A person I know got smacked, mushed and yoked in public not too long ago (I know maaaad people so don't even try to guess who it was lol. You'll never guess it). I can't say he deserved it but I totally understood why it happened. For him to have said, "Well, if anyone ever gets physical with me then the relationship is over. Period. So I'm through with this chick!" would have definitely been the wrong decision and I would have talked him out of it for days straight. I'd have been that dude's alarm clock in the morning.. "Yo.. don't do it man. Have a good day at work. I'll call you at lunch" Fortunately, he's a smart cat and came to that conclusion on his own.

As far as Kweli... I don't believe the cryin shit at all.

Also... Talib Kweli goes to parties at 50 Cent's crib?? That seem ironic to anyone other than me?

5/04/2007  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

Man, you have to read this article from XXL years ago (dont know how you'll find it. Not sure if Lexis Nexus holds XXL..) Anyway, 50 was the guest editor (no big shock) and he interviewed Talib Kweli. It was SO interesting.. They had so much respect for each other. Talib was like, (to 50) Man they way you ride the beat and your hooks and lyrics are so melodic.. I wish I could do that.
And 50 was saying that he hears the beat then writes, while Talib writes songs then finds beats to match them with. But it was crazy to read because they were steady stroking each others... egos.
Anyway, after reading that interview it comes as no surprise that they're peeps.

5/04/2007  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

Clay, I think you know there isn't a "sushi" in my name. I dont know if I like your tone lately. lol

Moving on:
I've never been hit by a guy, and it's not because I'm so sweet, but it could be because I try not to be physical with them either.

Maybe it's different for men. Or maybe some people like a lover who can't contain their "passion" in public, but it's hard and fast for me. Yell at me or hit me disrespectfully - especially in public-and it's a wrap.

Women can't afford to wait around and see if he'll do it again.

5/04/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Well yeah. You're right. It really is different. When a woman slaps a man it really isn't an assault to me. It's a disrespectful gesture or like a "wake-up call" move. If a man wanted to do the same thing it wouldn't be a slap.. I don't think. I've never gotten physical with a woman like that, although there are a few out there that I would fight like a man if they were coming at me.. one of em's from your home town. I'm sorry but I am not getting my ass whooped to be chivalrous... um.. yeah but like I was saying, the male equivalent would be more like a Chris Rock's vigorous shaking, I think. We're not talking about battery here.

5/04/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home