Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Enough already...


Jennifer Hudson. I'm happy for her. She's very talented and Simon from "American Idol" didn't notice. So, is this proof that "American Idol" sometimes kicks off people who actually have talent and the ability to succeed? Yes. Did we need this type of proof? No. Can we just move on now? Obviously not. I'm still discussing it.

I've been thinking about the hideous dress that Jennifer was tricked into wearing at the Oscars. Not only was she forced to wear it, they showed a video of her going to fittings and choosing it. They made it look like she'd been styled by the brightest fashionista in the world and that she was the luckiest girl at the Oscars. Actually, Jennifer was victimized. We all saw how horrible she looked. I was embarrassed and kept yelling at the TV, "take the damn jacket off!" I was so sad to see her looking like an extra from a Star Trek episode on the biggest night of her life. The worst thing about that outfit was its timing. EVERYONE was wearing their best. It'd be different if she'd wore that mess to an after party.

Anyway, I think that this is a conspiracy. I'm not big on conspiracy theories, because they're all bullshit for the most part, but this is real. Clearly the high-end fashion world used this chance to kick a big woman down in front of the world. That outfit, which looked like shit to everyone, said, "Hey, this is the best we can do for a big chick. We gave her our best fabrics and look what happened. Couture is clearly for abnormally thin women." Oscar de la Renta should even be a little disappointed with this. Did that dress have pockets?! It sure looks like she had her hand in her pockets. What dress has pockets?! Sorry, the proof to this conspiracy is the fact that Jennifer didn't want to wear the dress. That's why another stylist had Cavalli dress made for her to wear instead but this fancy pants Vogue editor insisted she wear his brown moo moo gown with pockets. Why? Because he'd already promised the fashion world that he'd set this up. Remember that meeting that Mugatu had in that movie Zoolander? It was just like that. The same people who set up Zoolander set up Jennifer Hudson. Clearly.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just feel bad for the other girl in the movie (not that I saw the movie, but I still know there were three). I also know that the movies is about three women pursuing their dream. I'm sure the third actresses dream was not to remain nameless along side Beyonce and Jennifer. Poor girl, never got her time to shine. I still don't know her name. I suppose I could google her. I'll type "Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson, and".

3/07/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It worked. My google search: "Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson and" produced the following:

"All three "Dreamgirls" – Beyonce, Jennifer Hudson and Anika Noni Rose "

Her name is Anika Noni Rose. (problem solved. she just got some pub) :-)

3/07/2007  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

I actually interviewed Anika before the movie came out. She was cool and she already won a Tony on Broadway. This is really her first movie role, so don't feel bad for her. She's respected in her field and lucky to be next to Beyonce and J-Hud even if she is "the other girl." She doesn't have the amazing background story or fame that the other two have. But she is being recognized within the industry now that she's crossed over, and has a role in a mini series with the chick from Will & Grace.

That said, I found her to be a little blahzay, we're not missing much.

3/08/2007  
Blogger Tafari said...

You are right, I never noticed the pockets, that's crazy. From my male perspective, I think she looks good, maybe I am just stupid though.

Bygbaby

3/10/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home