Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I've been waiting to say this: Goodbye, 'All of Us'


Finally, at last, the CW has come to their senses and put an end to the incredible wackness that is "All of Us." That's the Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith-produced show that stars LisaRaye and Duane Martin. Now, I imagine that Duane will get more work eventually (not that he needs to act with all his other business ventures), but I'd like to place my bet that LisaRaye is done. I won't bet much because I know she has fans that will pay to see her for some crazy reason. I don't know what they're thinking. The question is, now that she doesn't have the show to use as an excuse, will she move to Turks and Caicos to be with her husband? Now I will bet one year's wages on the career of the little boy who plays Bobby. He'll never over-act again. I see commercials in his immediate future.

So this was a smart move, but I don't know what the CW was thinking when they decided to give "Girlfriends" an 8th season. The execs must have stopped watching, like the rest of us. This show needs to just roll out. Of course, I'm sure the ratings are still decent. I know that I still turn it on if I'm home out of habit.

If they had kept the show about the sisters living in the same building, we'd still have something to look at.. This reminds me of a conversation I had earlier today. I was flipping through Jet Magazine (which I think is still around because people are creatures of habit. Nana's been subscribing since the 70s, so why stop now?). At the end of the magazine they have a section called Television. It lists shows that you can catch black celebs on this week. i.e: Vanessa Williams on "Ugly Betty" Thursday at 8 p.m., Isiah Washington on "Grey's Anatomy"... I was thinking, is this really necessary? Isn't it really played out to list the places you can catch black folks on TV this week? Black people are officially on TV every single day. I was just laughing at how they seem to be trapped in some time capsule where they think this page is needed. They need to use it to showcase an up-and-coming star. Just my two cents.

In closing, I'm wearing a pair of pants today that were too tight weeks ago. This brings me joy. I think it's because I had a turkey sandwich for dinner last night.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just in case anybody didnt know...speaking of Jet magazine...a fellow Wake alum was recently in the magazine..and by recently I mean a few months ago...in the wedding section...it was a lil awkward actually...seems like it'd be all OOH LOOK! But it was more like...uhh...oh ok...that's tight? Not that I was hatin on the institution of marriage..that's fabulous..especially black love...it was more like 'oh ok...look she's in Jet...' just thought i'd share.

5/20/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can still open a jet w/my eyes closed and open STRAIGHT to the beauty of the week section...its a lil trick I learned when I was nine...
And yea down w/Jet...everytime I read an article in there...I feel unsatisfied as if more could have been told or they told me some info I already knew

5/21/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home