Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Thursday, February 15, 2007

I don't watch TV


Got an email today. It was one of those party email blasts, but the host gives blog like intros to the party invite. It's cool. I don't mind it. Today he said something that made me stop.. "I don't watch TV." He confessed that he hadn't watched in a year and suddenly some show has him eyeing the boob tube. (Where'd that name come from anyway?)

I've heard many of intellectuals proudly declare that they don't watch TV. (This isn't to say that this dude is an intellectual. In fact, I have nothing else to say about him- he just made me think of this...) Some parents only allow kids to watch a few hours a day and whatnot. This is fine, do what you please. But why do some people wear it like a badge of honor? I like TV, I wish I could watch more of it. Some nights I forget to turn it on for hours, so I know I'm not addicted. It just irks me that some people think not watching TV is morally right or something.

I feel the same way about the "I don't listen to radio crowd." Listen, I know corporate radio sucks ass.. but you have to keep up with pop culture or you'll become a dinosaur. You'll be behind times on lingo and the latest current events. I mean you wouldn't even know to throw D's on your bitch. Or to make it rain on them ho's. You may even think you're irreplaceable!

Here's some things I've learned by watching TV recently. Well, and following up sound bites with Internet research. I was taught a long time ago that if you want the full story, you should read about three articles that cover it from different angles. You'd be surprised what facts are overlooked by media outlets. Anyways...

Pop Culture Pop Quiz:
1. Anna Nicole's baby was on a diet because she's supposed to be:

a. skinny b: sexy c: healthy


2. Tim Hardaway recently apologized for making comments that were:

a. racist b. homophobic c. sexist


3. Bush is SURE about his security info this time. Iran is providing Iraqi militants with:
a. IED's b. EFP's c. road side bombs

(Either way that would make Iran a supporter of Evil Do'ers. Who didn't see this coming?!)


I got stuff to do folks, our I'd continue...
Answers are in comment section.

1 Comments:

Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

1. B. Sexy (What a crazy lady.. down to her dying day.)

2. B. Homophobic (He hates gays, but he's sorry he said so. That was a "mistake." LMAO -that's hilarious to me. A mistake is when you say it's Thursday instead of Friday, not "I hate gays.")

3. A, B and C. (explosively formed penetrators, E.F.P.’s, and improvised explosive devices, I.E.D's, are used in road side bomb attacks.)

2/15/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home