Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Monday, August 22, 2005

"Whoop That Trick!"


So I finally saw John Singleton's new film Hustle and Flow this weekend. What a lovely flick. Terrence Howard murdered his role. And even though the majority of the cast were people who may never get a leading role, everyone did a great job. I think Taryn Manning, the actress who played DJay's white ho who he loves like a sister, did a great job. I'm actually interested in seeing more from her.

This is the movie that Anthony Anderson was filming when he caught that rape charge, which was later dismissed. It all started to make sense when I saw how many "extras" in the film where "acting" as strippers. Their job was basically to stand around wearing thongs and watch the actors deliver their lines.

Anyway, did anyone else have a problem with the fact that DJay's big hit was "Whoop That Trick"? I think that was the funniest thing about the film, but also kinda sad. He had his own prositutes singing, "Whoop That Trick!" and there's a little dance that goes with it. You pull your pimp hand from behind you and swing it over your head like you're whipping someone. I guess "Brown Sugar" has already been made, and this is the other side of the rap game. And I know that DJay didn't know about anything but hustling and pimping... But damn.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've yet to see it, but I heard "Whoop that Trick" in the promo.

Is it just me or did it sound a lot like "I be Smackin my Hoes", from Bamboozled? Don't get me wrong that song was hilarious, but it was just supposed to be a comment on our twisted reality.

~Red State Hostage

8/22/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

here here...more buttcheeks

8/23/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that white chick is the same girl from the Clueless television show. Who would have guessed it?

Obviously there is something for e'ry1... even if it has to be bootyshaking.

8/25/2005  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

That white chick's Southern accent was dead on! Annoying as hell, but well done. I thought Terrance's accent was excellent at times, but then I felt like he lost it in some scenes where too many other people were talking. I'd have to see it again to be positive.

8/25/2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya boy made the list of 25 finest men of the last 25 years on BET. I didn't think he was that tight, but he beat out LL Cool J, Tyson Beckford, and TI. But then again Jay-Z beat all of them, coming in at #8. Obviously they are looking at more than looks.

8/28/2005  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home