Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Babies are bad for TV & Damon Dash is a bad bad man




Hey, I miss blogging although I don't have much to talk about. I hear that many people blog about their favorite TV shows so I'm going to give that a try. My favorite show is "Girlfriends." Actually I'm not sure that I have a favorite show, there are just a those shows that I actually tune in for and the others I'll watch if I'm home and they happen to be on. TV really sucks these days. What happened to the days when we had shows like "Sandford and Son" or "Good Times" hell even the "Cosby Show" !? I watch "Girlfriends" but it's getting pretty boring here lately. Babies are the death of all great TV shows and Toni, a character on "Girlfriends" just had a baby. Babies are always a sign that the end is near. Remember "Family Ties"? Didn't they have a baby before it all ended? What about Olivia and the Cosbys? Then there was "Mad about You," a good show until the baby came. Babies can't do anything, that's why they're bad for TV.

Speaking of babies, the show that comes on after my favorite show is "Half & Half." It stars the girl who played Mary Jane in "Half Baked" and the girl who played the vice president's daughter in "How High." I think it's interesting that these co-stars both had significant roles in weed-head flicks. Anyway, that show has become way better than "Girlfriends" but they also wrote a baby into the script last year. It was born and hasn't made an appearance since! It's like the pregnancy produces so many interesting episodes that writers can't resist the "Surprise! We're having a Baby!" episode, but then they don't know what to do with the baby so they write it out of the script.

Lately I'm really into "Lost" and "Grey's Anatomy." Both very smart shows with good writing. There are no babies, although one of the ladies from the plane crash on "Lost" is pregnant. A resident on "Grey's Anatomy" had a miscarriage recently, which was interesting because the baby belonged to one of the doctors.

I've tried watching the hottest show on TV "Desperate Housewives" but it's kinda wack right now. I don't see what was so special about it. "The Daily Show with Jon Stewart" is my shit. And I miss Bobby and Whitney. I dislike Damon Dash and the losers who allow him to diss them.

Did you hear that Damon assaulted the editor-in-chief of a magazine that he's part owner of? The magazine is called America. It's pretty damn tight. It's all about "urban luxury lifestyles" that most urban dwellers can't afford, but it has great interviews and photography. So, this guy came up with the idea, probably a lifelong dream and Dash bought into it. Then when the guy ran an ad from Puffy's Sean John, Dash got pissed. I guess he thinks the magazine should be all about his clothing lines which probably don't even pay full price for ad space. In early October, Dash punched the editor in his chest so hard that he flipped over a chair and had to check himself into the hospital. This happened at Dash's office. They say that Dash was upset because the mag's founder was trying to find other investors. Hmm wonder why he'd want to partner with someone other than dick-head Dame?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home