Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Election Day...


So, I don't think I'm going to vote today because I don't know the candidates. I'm new to my area and I don't like the idea of people who don't care just randomly picking names. I have been advised to just go exercise my right to vote and pick names, or vote for black people. But that just sounds like a waste of time.

Then I saw this video on the Daily Show with Jon Stewart last night, or the night before. It really made me feel like midterm elections are really about some bullshit. I mean, he's right. Most people are being re-elected. Besides, I live in the district of Columbia, I don't get to pick a senator and help the Democrats take over.. I mean, who cares about local politics if you don't have kids in school and you don't own property?
That said, I hope everyone who lives in a real state votes today...

I also hope that Michael Steele loses in Maryland. To all my peeps in Maryland, please vote for me today, against Steele. And if you see his sons, please tell them to get haircuts.. Thanks!

Lastly, my girl/publicist Red State Hostage pointed out that in the image above, the republicans are all on blue backgrounds and the democrats are in red. Everyone knows which color goes with which, so why the mix up? I'll tell you why, because politicians prey on the stupidity of the average voter. Everyone knows that old people love to vote and that they can't see well. They rely on things like colors and shapes to indicate what they're looking at when they can't red the type. I'm not sure who this would benefit, because it seems that everyone would just vote for the wrong person... So, maybe this isn't as deep as it seems. Maybe they just messed up.
Who knows.. Democracy sure is sweet!


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sup pimpin....glad to see you're on the "it may not do shit...but go vote" band wagon like me. I do happen to live a real state (that you manage to trash everytime we speak...ahh hate...u have no representation), therefore I'ma go on head n rep for Martin n'nem (as noted in my blog...that i likely won't keep up-to-date). I caught that Steele commercial w/ his kids for the first time yesterday (suprising seeing as how every commercial the last 4 days has been political)...they look lame...but i don't know his kids or him so i'm not gonna trash the man. His campaign's been pretty slick...not slick enough to get my vote...but slick none the less. If i had some glass beads to hustle he'd def be my man. Anywho...vote ho's, or just don't complain (cuz sittin at home 'doesn't do shit'...voting might no do 'much'...but it's a step up from 'not shit'...at least last time i checked)

11/07/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

I was really feeling Steele when I saw the commercial with the puppy.. then his oppenent started pointing out that he loves Bush more than he loves puppies and that the dog isn't even his! Not that it matters, but how you gonna make a commercial about how you love dogs and you don't even own one? Maybe his isn't that cute or well-behaved.

11/07/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm mad that i wrote a long "A" response, and then there was a glitch...as though this were a non-receipt giving, can't recount electronic votes, disenfranchising polling computer.

anywho...

i am stuck in a red state (hence the name), it's one of the worst. FLORIDA (though i do love my Gators)! sneaky Katherine Harris (famous for rigging the 2000 election then being rewarded with a gig in Tallahassee) is on the ballot, trying to become a US Senator. please don't let it happen. then Charlie Crist (who's really red, although that picture tries to fool you) is running as a "Jeb Bush Republican". Reason enough right there, not to vote for him.

Well Charlie is in trouble with the White House. They brought GWB down here to campaign for him yesterday, and his ass didn't even show. He was in a whole other city, campaigning for himself. The nerve...snubbing the prez like that the day before the election. Doesn't he know that GWB should be out focusing on the failed war, getting the Page program away from pedophile Congressman (Rep. Foley (R), Florida) and just generally raising his popularity? I mean, apparently GWB doesn't think so, but shouldn't Charlie? Yet another reason to vote for Davis.

11/07/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My whole thing always been...
Show me an election where someone wins or loses by one vote...
and I'll show you one I wish i woulda voted in...
Repub...Dem....whats the difference
they still ALL white...
aint like in the 80's e-thing was kosher and then niggs stopped votin and shit got fucked up

While I have that opinion the real reason i don't vote is more religious and my pops didn't when I was growin up....but I have been rethinking

but then I think bout what i said above...

So if George Allen wins by one vote today...i promise Ill be votin in '08
but if he wins by 130,564....don't think it really matters
and on the flipside...i gurantee if Webb wins Ill still be treated like a nigger....on tomorrow mornin...as well as a year from now...

ahh this racism is killin me!

11/07/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i love some Sen. Obama, but why does ABC News keep referring to him as the "rock star" senator from Illinois?

do you think "rock star" when you think of Obama? he's so stoic. he gained popularity quickly, but i don't know if i'd describe that as being a "rock star".

11/07/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

Obama is no rock star, but he is kinda hot for a politician. He may have groupies like a rock star.. especially in the intern circles.

I think it's interesting that some of you feel like voting is worthless... I always thought that once people get a little education they start to think their political efficacy increases. Like your vote counts more and you can write a letter to someone when shit doesn't go your way and get the results you were after.. And it does in my opinion because the more money you have the more power you have. If you move into a nice neighborhood the police pay more attention to your needs. Your kids get better schools and I think, your vote matters to politicians.

I ended up voting today because i felt uneasy about not doing it. It was quick and painless. I don't feel all warm and fuzzy inside though. Since I didn't vote on the issues, I decided not to wear my sticker.

I think most votes do count. When someone wins by 1,000 they're counting individiual votes.. so who are we to say that ours isn't in the total? It's one thing if they throw away your ballot or close the polls in your neighborhood early (NC-sytle)...But if more people participated I think the races would be closer.

BESIDES -we can vote for a week or so leading up to Election Day.. I voted a week early during the 04 elections because I was going out of town. We've had plenty of sunny days to get out. I mention that because everyone talked about how the rain effected voter turnout.

11/08/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home