Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Monday, October 23, 2006

Monday night


So, it's Monday. Hooray! The only good thing about today is that the CW moved "Girlfriends" back to Monday night. I was excited to see this. They also brought the rest of the "soul food Sunday" lineup over to Monday, "Everybody Hates Chris" "The Game" and crappy "All of Us."

I know that some people think "Girlfriends" is a turd of a show and I used to defend it, but they have about one more week before I flush this show out of my weekly viewing schedule. Without Toni Childs the show is kinda wack. Then Joan is going through her awakening period. That's about as entertaining as watching my cat lick his ass. Mya seems to be doing nothing but reacting to Joan, the other character Lynn is supposed to be doing nothing, so that's what she's doing. And there are no men in their lives, minus Mya's husband.... How unrealistic is that? There's nothing wrong with these chicks. Joan, in real life, would at least have some broke cat who is really great in bed trying to move into her mansion and borrow her whip.

Then the character William is engaged to his ex.. Come on, everyone knows William's not going to marry her. That'd be death to his character. I mean, this show needs a boost quick. The writers need to scrap whatever they have planned and throw Joan in bed with William next week. Then they can have his fiancé come in and find them... Then they can deal with the fallout for a couple of weeks. Hell they may want to throw Joan in bed with Lynn! I don't know, but I'm not even stressing tuning in for this mess. Of course, I probably will.

I looked up Jill Marie Jones on IMDB and it looks like she's just doing little movies that no one will watch. She'll find her way, but I think the producers should consider giving her a call. The way the script is written, they can bring her character back from NYC at any point.

I like "The Game," that's a decent show.. I also like "Ugly Betty" on Thursdays and "Six Degrees." With "Grey's Anatomy" in between, that's a good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home