Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Hal-lay-lu-juh! Rummy's leaving


I just got the news by email that Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfield is stepping down. Why didn't someone call me or send a text message? This is sunshine on a rainy day!

I hear we're looking for a "fresh perspective" on the war and that Rumsfield and Dubya agree this is the way to go.... I don't know about you, but I'm crying my eyes out--- with joy. Will this really make a difference though? They're looking at bringing in a former CIA director Robert Gates to replace him. But isn't this massive military machine already in motion? Slow moving, sure, but it must take months to change the course of a war, right? What's he going to do?

Some people think Rummy's just a scapegoat for the Republican party and I'd kinda have to agree that this seems like a sacrificial lamb. We lost the elections so we're going to fall on our sword like a samurai... Since everyone's been begging the old fart to resign, it's a pretty easy call to make. I mean, when military generals who risk life and limb and sanity for the U.S. policies turn on you, you've REALLY messed up. These cats really, really want to believe in their leaders. It's not like one of us civilians who love ya one minute and hate you the next. Or hate you all along before you even get appointed.

Boy am I glad I voted for my shadow senator and shadow congress person yesterday. I really feel that I made a difference, now. Someone explained to me that the District of Columbia has a senator and a congressional representative, but they can't vote. They can hang around meetings and speak about D.C. concerns.. but that's all. Sweet! I might throw my hat in the race in 08!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My favorite part of the whole fiasco was when Dubz was like he didn't do it earlier because he didn't want to "influence the election" by making such a major change. Lol...dawg...b/w that and some of the repubs making the subtle hint that people just aren't bright enough to understand what kind of war is happening or the 'stakes'. So essentially it's everybody else's fault...they're just too dumb to get it.

Oh...and as a side note...lol...they got the Senate too. Guess there's a new 'mandate' (i hate that term) in town. Looks like Webb's gonna win by about 7,000 votes even though they'll prolly do a recount. Seems like the unusually high turnout in Richmond and the 757 (nigs round the way got out McVay...& flipped the script) made the difference.

All I have to say is...since all the hoopla is over...now what? We shall see...

11/09/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ahahahah 757 Stand UP!lol

Man all I know is I NEVER want a job where if I am fired they need to call a press conference..
Old Rumsy looked rather pitiful standing at that podium...
What im interested in is how this is going to effect Bush's and Chaneys relationship....It seems Dubz is pushin out all of Chaney's folk and bringin in all his pops old people...
By the way how was Bush 1 thought of? from what I remember it seemed people didn't like him much, but he was never seen as dumb...so I guess he is imparting some knowledge on his son now

11/10/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get to hype to soon. Rumsfield leaving is only a good thing if he is replaced by someone that will do a better job. Robert Gates isn't necessarily a man to celebrate about.

Gates was rejected as the Director of the CIA the first time he was nominated because of his roll in the Iran-Contra affair (damn that was a mess). He has also been accused of behind-the-scenes intelligence leaking to _Iraq_ and everyone's favorite dictator Saddam Hussein (back we he was cool with the US..) during the Iran-Iraq war, though was never indicted.

So yeah... save the parade. During a period where much of the US questions the handling our foreign policy, we're about to get a Secretary of Defense that had been knee deep in some pretty scandalous shit.

11/14/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home