Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Just wondering...


This blog is still here, huh? Anyway, does anyone know where all the affordable gas went? Remember that we had plenty of it back in later October, right before the mid-term elections? I'm wondering if we used it all. Now, it's all high again, WTF?

Someone tried to blame it on the end of the summer travel season (back in August), saying that the supply and demand had been normalized. But, I ain't buying that crap. Another newspaper pointed out the India and China are growing and developing a larger appetite for oil, which is effecting the demand globally.. umm.. No.

I just want to know HOW they could afford to drop the prices for the Republicans. I remember seeing one gas station in my area on the news during election time. They were asking him why his gas was still high ($2.25 or so) while everyone else's was like $2.11, and he said that he'd gotten locked in to buying gas at a high rate and couldn't afford to drop his prices. But it was weird.. it seemed like he was the only station in town that didn't get the "better drop your prices for elections" memo... Not only that, I think that he got the memo and really felt bad that he couldn't comply and now the news was putting him on blast. Like, why didn't you get with the program? How'd they do that?!
Seriously. If that's an option then they should have price wars like the airlines. We could get little emails from Exxon or BP saying that gas will be on sale in this town starting Wed. but you have to purchase by Friday. Whatever rules they want. I think that would provide relief for us, healthy competition to them and if nothing else it would make buying gas a little more fun.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I thought you'd never return. Don't do that to us. ;-)


Why can't Sam's and Costco post their gas prices from the street? I know that the gas is only avaialble to members, but I want to know before I get up on the pump. Besides, wouldn't the low gas prices influence some people to purchase full memberships?

12/07/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah...please don't take so long next time. Anywho...honestly...if i was stuck over in the quaqmire...i'd go ahead and start sending petro home to my peeps to make a lil extra money on the side...dawg u know how hype i'd be to get a barrell of sweed crude in the mail? Fk around take that shit right across the street n be like...so what u got on this homey? Or run home to DE...we got MAAAAD refineries...bet they'd gimme 30 on it...since that shit's like 70 a pop...sheeit...i'm bout to holla at a soldier or somethin

12/07/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

While I don't know what the hell Twizz is talking about, I think I can agree that we should sell oil at friend prices.. This is how Chavez gets down. He has love for Cuba so he sells them cheap oil.

I think American oil should be cheap or sold at cost.. then foreign oil and premium/super/ super duper uper unleaded can be sold at higher prices.

12/08/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home