Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Monday, August 28, 2006

Chronomentrophobia


OutKast has done it again. I miss the old Kast, but I can't be mad at these dudes for taking their game to the next level. Did anyone see Idlewild over the weekend? I did. Wanna hear about it? I will say that the end is sad.. but it's totally predictable, so I'm not ruining shit for you.

Other than that, it was super entertaining. The music is great like the critics say. The story line ain't half bad. Big Boi is very believable in his role as an entertainer, husband, father and womanizer. He's the witness to a murder that makes him the owner of a cabaret style club. Andre is a mortician's son who takes up the family business, but also has a talent for playing the piano and writing music. A lovely lady blows into town to perform at the club, just as everything starts to go down w/ Big Boi taking over. She falls for Dre- not too quickly though. The movie was well paced, I was never bored and it was kinda funny.

At the end Andre 3000 does a musical number as the credits role. It's very "Hey Ya"-esque because he's got the hot feet, dancing around like.. well, like he does. And he's smiling bigger than any rapper's allowed to smile. I was thinking, he must have been just miserable as Dre from OutKast. You know, wearing baseball caps and a fade and jerseys.. Booooring! I just wonder if this happy dancer was inside of him the whole time.. it's kinda funny.

There's this song that rocked pretty damn hard (I have the soundtrack too, so I've listened to it a bit). It's called "Chronomentrophobia".. It's only like 2 mins. long, but they have a scene in the movie where he pops out of bed and starts singing it. I laughed, but then it was hot. I'm impressed that they can make something so lame feel and sound so cool. Andre's character sleeps under like 20 cookoo bird clocks.. it's kinda weird, but I'm sure that's the point.

1: chronomentrophobia: a persistent, abnormal, and unwarranted fear of clocks , despite the understanding by the phobic individual and reassurance by others that there is no danger. 2: chronomentrophobia: a strong fear of, dislike of, or aversion to clocks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home