Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Friday, August 18, 2006

It's our Anniversary, bitches #8

The month is almost over so, we got to get cracking on these... Here's No. 8, which I love because of the wonderful idea that Red State Hostage had at the end...

so i was finally able to see what all the buzz was about last night. straight MESS! i'm sure that Spike Lee is just taking notes, for the sequel to "Bamboozled".

Atsui...I'm glad you brought it up, because I was about to. Crenshaw really did pray to God that she wouldn't have to hit that "bitch ass" again. It wasn't just like a, "Lord please" either. She was on her knees, hands clasped and eyes shut cussing all throughout the prayer. She even told the girl to let her finish so he could REBUKE THE SPIRITS telling her to beat her bitch ass again.

And Sumthin'...oh lawd. When they called her out for shitting on the herself, did she really say "it could happen to any one of us". And Flav really broke it down for us in slow-mo.

LOVE IT...though i wish a password was required for viewing. We can't let all the races see how fucked up these particular black people are. you know some people still only know the blacks they see on tv.


This may not seem fair and it's probably pretty racist, but I feel like some shows could really use a password for viewing. We could also use it to keep kids from watching naughty stuff.. like "Flavor of Love."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Does anyone else...when they get nervous or embarrased get that deep empty feeling in thier gut. Kinda like pre-bubble...sans-bubble. That is the feeling I get when I watch that show. I damn near feel embarrased and occasionally look around to make sure nobody is peeking in my window. Eventually I just can't even finish and I have to turn because...well...quite frankly it makes me hate black people. And as you stated the fact that some kid in damn Eagle Talon, South Dakota imagines that this IS in fact how we behave (which is likely reinforced by his parents who's only exposure to us was Good Times, Sanford and Son, and possibly a few trips to major cities on business where they possibly run into a few of us in the always friendly service industry). Point is...the show literally makes me feel embarrased alone by myslef. I can hear the exec's saying 'this is great...and he already comes with built in shoe polish!! We add a purple suit some hoodrat's and BAM....MUST SEE COON-V!'

i hate that show....WORD G...FOR REAL FOR REAL SON!

8/18/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

Yo, honestly, Flav does make me cringe. But I don't feel like these people reflect me, which is just stupid because you are both right. They do reflect "us" unfortunately in the minds of people who think of "us" as a collective group. I just know that black folks have deep divides and it's impossible to define the race by anything other than skin complexion and ancestry. We're not all cut from the same cloth anymore.. There are so many subcultures, even with in the African American culture.

I wonder how many Flavor of Love chicks took their first plane ride to be on the show? These chicks are just clueless.

8/18/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea u right atsui WE know there are so many subcultures w/our people....but Twizz forget the white kids, b/c I know they gon think what they think...but I bet even the black kid w/all white friends and no exposure to the black friends their parents had growing up living in silver spring, MD prob think, "thats y I dont even hang w/blacks like that"

But what gets me about this show and Flav in general...he was a member of THE MOST CULTURALLY significant and aware hip-hop groups of all time...This shit is the equivalent of if Malcolm X lived, and adopting a white child...Flavor Flav the original hype man is now a coon...like he was BOYS w/spike lee...and now he MAY B the subject of Bamboozled 2...It just amazes me how he has slutted himself out...I almost expect at any moment to hear that Chuck D, Proff Griff and Terminator X hav snuffed this dude out....

Like I used to think Flave was the COOLEST nig in the rap game circa 88...and now this?...

Ive seen parts of 2 episodes...the last episode last season and I had to watch the part of the episode where ol girl shat... but it don't even appeal to me like that...and whats funny is I work w/this white lady who LOVES the show...and i mean she date black dudes...but I wonder y does she love it so much? and I also wonder are we as blacks being too sensitive...like atsui said...this isnt a representation of any of us...its just one asshole and a bunch of other assholes regardless of race...would white folks care if george michael was doin this dumb shit?? or would Asians care if shit i cant even think of an asian that asians would giv a shit if they acted like assholes...but u get my point

RIP Flav

8/19/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOO...top 10!

Anyway... here's a clip from Bamboozled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oHVucZXV5s

8/21/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home