Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Reusable paper bag


So I support these organic food, vegetarian/vegan-friendly, tree-hugging markets because I believe their food is fresher. I went to one the other day to get some lunch. I had one item in hand and dude was like, would you like a bag? I said sure, I'll take one of those plastic bags right there. He was like, "Well... I have a paper bag right here that you can have." In this tone, that implied it was the correct answer. So, I was like... hmm paper is better for the environment, I'll take it.

Then I'm reading the bag while I'm eating lunch and it's all like "Reuse Me" and gives this speech about how it's already been recycled once. I'm thinking to myself (not talking to the bag) "What the hell am I going to reuse this for?" Like it's still sitting on the floor in my office because it's guilted me into not throwing it away without recycling it. But what would I do with this bag? Paper bags are stupid. They get wet and can't be reused. Plastic bags, now those are reusable, you can wipe them out and crunch them up and store them. I could have held my lunch in one, then brought it home and added it to my plastic bag collection. Some bags I use to take lunch to work, some I use to throw away kitty poo, others I can take on vacation and hold swimsuits or dirty clothes in them... Can a paper bag do any of that? Not as well as a plastic bag...

I guess my point is that I don't really appreciate this dude's attitude that he gave me about wanting plastic.. don't I have the right to choose? Then he gives me this bag printed with all this propaganda. Everyone knows that people love plastic. If we give paper a chance, we don't need a damn speech. That's preaching to the choir. Do real grocery stores even have paper bags any more? I don't notice them and that's because they're just not so reusable. And you can't carry like 8 at a time. You can only carry about 2 paper bags at a time, most don't even have handles.

OK, I'm done.. just saying that paper bags aren't as reusable as they may seem.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

See...that's yo fault for gettin punked by an enviro geek. You shoulda been like "actually...naw..i want plastic, I was planning on possibly putting it in a birds next after i finished using it to smother some chics...or maybe just tossing it in a river to fk up the ecosystem...and paper just won't due for that...prick...now gimme my bag"

sometimes u just gotta get gully on those eco-freaks

9/21/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

why does it always have to be my fault?! But you're right.. I've turned over this kinder, gentler leaf in the past few years and now I've reached the lowly level of twinkie-filling, where an eco-freak with less muscles than me feels that he can force a paper bag on me.


On another note, could my fellow bloggers who comment please start logging in with your blogger ID. I'd like to show u some love and surely other people would too if they could just click on your name and go to your blog. If your blogger ID is different from the one you use here, you can use the "other" identity and type in your name and url.

9/21/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reuse my paper bags by putting my other paper products (cereal boxes and the like) inside of them. So about 3 times a year, I will ask for paper bags. If all you had was your lunch, why did you even need a bag?

9/21/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Other THAN better for environment...the ONLY thing paper bags are good for is makin book covers....i used to make a MEAAAAN paperbag book cover....

but yea im plastic all day e-day....

9/22/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

LOL wow.. the book covers.. i remember those! I sucked at making book covers and the worst thing about them? The damn paper would tear! Paper sucks. And I didn't need a bag in the first place. He tried to play me..

10/17/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home