Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Friday, September 22, 2006

Silly Grey...



Hey does anyone watch "Grey's Anatomy"? Doesn't matter, I can catch you up. The new season premiered last night and Grey is the main character. She's had a relationship with a surgeon that was separated from his wife because she cheated on him. Last season his wife returned (also a surgeon or doctor in the hospital) and he decided to work things out with her instead of starting or continuing his relationship with Meredith Grey. So, the season finale was action packed, people died and got shot and all this stuff, but Meredith also hooked up with McDreamy again. McDreamy is what they call the married surgeon dude. Long story short, they finish consummating their love and Meredith can't find her panties. You know men are never any help in these situations, so he can't find them either. Another staff member runs in the room as Meredith was getting dressed and tells her there's an emergency and she's needed. This chick now knows the slept together. Meredith never finished looking for the undies.. Who does? McDreamy's wife. What does she do with them? Post them on a board under "Lost and Found."

So, that's next week's episode. But this week was major for fans because McDreamy finally came to Meredith and told her that he loves her and wants to be with her. I guess he's ready to leave the wife, besides he threw his wife out in the rain in the middle of the night when she cheated on him. He threw all of her clothes on the steps, it was serious.

So, of course there's a only-in-Hollywood twist to the story. Another guy Meredith is dating knows something happened between her and McDreamy while he was hanging out with her at the hospital and this dude is still trying to get with her. ONLY in Hollywood. "Yeah, I think you may have had sex with your ex while we were together on a date, but if there's a ring, my hat is in. Pick me!" Yeah right!

It just gets me to thinking, why the hell would Meredith- a very smart girl who can cut people open and save lives- want to get with this dude that cheated on his wife twice? He's still not officially divorced and wasn't when he hooked up with her the first time. (Of course they didn't know that they'd both be working at the same hospital at the time.) I'm guessing the only reason they'd stay together would be to justify their behavior. (Although, she was innocent the first time she slept with him, she was wrong for the last time.) What happens if Meredith and McDreamy get together and another hot attendee blows into town?

I've never dated or done anything else with a married man (that I know of) but if I did end up liking one... don't see how, but let's just say I did. Naw, I wouldn't. OK but my advice to people who do is to not sleep with him until the divorce papers are signed. Unless you just like married men, in that case go nuts. But here's the thing, all they want is sex on the side of their marriage. That's why they're dating, they're not looking for love or more responsibility than they already have. Most are never going to leave their wives, although their wives may leave them. They could fall in love like McDreamy has, but that still won't be enough for them to say, "I can't take this double life anymore! I don't want two vaginas and two women loving me! I want only one!" When Meredith slept with him the second time she completely played herself. In real life this dude would take his happy ass right back home and make up with the wife... but since this is Hollywood, they may live happily ever after.

One more thing:
Did anyone else hear that Sandra Oh's Character Yang is Jewish? This is just new to me, the Jewish/Asian thing. But I did some very brief research and found another blogger who was thrilled because she's Asian-American-Jewish and never thought she'd be represented on TV.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm Yet another one of those skeletons from biology class. I thought the ultra-gaunt chicks who dissapear when they turn sideways went out with.. um.. Becky McSomething.. That's not the right name but she was a lawyer and the whole show was named after her... It was pretty popular. I'm sure someone knows what I'm talking about.

Grey is not attractive in the slightest. Dempsy probably loves her but can't get over the fact that his wife doesn't blow away when a car drives past. Then there's the fact that, with his wife, he doesn't have to ignore the annoying clacking sound of bones when they're enjoying a little Q.T. like he does with Grey.

ANYWAY.. what's with this? I thought America's eyes were open to this destructive image. Richie's daughter get's blasted on a regular basis for it and so does Lindsey "I-used-to-be-a-sexy-young-dub-g" Lohan. The media is so schizofrenic.

They should do an episode where someone walks in on Grey gagging herself in the ladies room or something. They'd probably get an emmy for confronting the issue if they did it justice.

9/22/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

Grey is exceptionally unattractive to me too! I was thinking it was just me.. and I'm like how can THIS ACTRESS be the star.. She's supposed to be smoking hot and irresistable.

That was Ally McBeal, I didn't watch, I promise.

Did anyone hear that the CW wants Tyra to loose weight? I hope this is b.s. but I hear they told her that she's too fluffy to lead her troop of wannabe models.

9/22/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

first of all
i think i know kuh lay pretty well
and lets not front my friend
grey would get it EVERY day of the week...admit man...admit it....

but yea im DEF not feelin the skinny chick thing
i can take a tender young dubg looking a lil smaller than a sista...but this whole jewish internment camp look is NOT whats hot in the streetz...

Last season I felt soooo wack for watchin greys...even though its a GREAT ASS SHOW....but i was able to rationalize that wackness b/c i learned it is written by a black woman....who the hell knew?? i know I didn't but then when I look back I guess it is a MULTIcultural ass cast...

9/22/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yea and i almost forgot
grey is pretty dumb w/guys
i CAN'T BELIEVE she finally let my man george beat...then cried durin the middle didnt let him get his rocks off or nothing...that was so cold hearted I contemplated not watchin it the next week....im glad george gave her the f'u treatment

9/22/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was just mad that they didn't show more of Dr. Preston Burke!!! Who by the way, if you watch Oprah you'd know that he was supposed to be Dr. McDreamy!!!

If not, I'll fill you in....

He auditioned for the role of Dr. Shepherd, but the actress who plays Meredith Grey went and threw salt in his game. In real life her boyfriend is a black man, and she thought the steamy love scenes with another attractive black man would cause problems in her relationship. I wonder how one slight change in casting would have changed the series, if at all.

9/23/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't watch the show, but that sounds dumb. I can't work with a sexy black man because I have one at home?!? That's the wackest thing I ever heard. I guess I'm lucky that I don't work with black people or I'd be screwed. Who agreed to that? Her real life man must have low self-esteem. If that's the case, she can have him.

9/24/2006  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

either he has low self esteem or she just can't keep her paws off a sexy black man. Preston is kinda hot, in a i-know-everything-and-am-something like-god way. Not my type. But if I were a surgeon, i'd be loving it.

I hadn't heard that story at all.. but it does make sense because I knew the writer was a black lady.

What I like about George is that he stood up to mcDreamy in the locker room.. for not telling Grey he loved her. George is aight, but for real.. the writers are tripping b/c the feelings that the heavier Spanish chick has for him seem to come out of no where. Did I miss an episode last season? I remember him coming to visit her b/c she lived in the hospital and the next thing you know they were in love and she was trying to be cool with Grey so that he'd like her. Their storyliine is SO lame.

9/26/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home