Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Separating blacks from N'uhs




So, someone forwarded me this article from Esquire Magazine called The Manifesto of the Ascendancy for the Modern American Nigger. Boring title until you get to the end, huh?

Anyway, this essayist is after my own heart. We've talked about this topic on MBT before. He basically is saying that there are niggers and there are black folks. Niggers don't like education, don't get married, live off of welfare and WIC, and most important, they're victims. Black people are very accomplished, they vote, pay taxes, go to work and walk upright just like white people. So he'd like to see Black people finally pull away from niggers. Niggers hate people like Condi Rice and Colin Powell because they're all smart and Republican, but the author of the essay, John Ridley, thinks that black people should embrace those who are accomplished and highly educated. Really, Colin Powell should be a hero in our community and so should Condi.. (I'm really a fan of Colin Powell and always have been, plus I'm educated.. guess that make me black!)

So the writer points to the situation in 2001 when an American surveillance [not spy] plane went down in China. The Chinese had our plane with all that high-tech snooping gear and like 20 U.S. gov't employees. Bush appointed Condi and Colin to take care of the situation because Condi is a Russia expert and Colin is the ultimate diplomat. The writer knows a lot about this subject, but basically the point is that Cheney and Bush got impatient with the diplomacy process and tried to tough talk China.. calling the people on the plane hostages and telling China to send them home and refusing to apologize. That got them nowhere, so they had to pull back and let Condi and Colin to clean up. They did a great job, and the Jesse Jackson ["an old-school Negro"] came in to steal their [the "new school negroes"] victorious moment. They didn't let him, but if you let Mr. Ridley tell it, Niggers rained on their parade anyway. How?

Well, you're lucky I'm mentally checked out at work today, because I've read the 4-page essay and I know that answer. The Cincinnati riots took place at the same time that the "hostages" were being released from China thanks to Condi and Colin's hard work. Thanks to the hoopla over 15 Black men who had been gunned down by Cincinnati police over 6 years, Condi and Colin got no attention. The writer does an excellent job of pointing out that really of those 15 black men killed by cops, quite a few were murderers or cop killers or really assualted cops first. So, it's not really like they didn't deserve to die.

Anyway, where's this all going right? That's what I was wondering too.. Basically, Black Americans should follow the path of Condi and Colin and stop following old-school negroes who cling to eternal victimazation, like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. If you want to be black you need to acheive without stressing the limitations of racism. Close your eyes and forge ahead, I guess.

I don't know about dude. He's smart and all.. I'm not mad at that. But the problem with black people pulling away from niggers is that, in many cases you're asking us to categorize ourselves, then damn each other to one group or the other. Then you're asking me to pull away from family members or friends who may have been born into niggerdom. It's a hard life to escape, I'd say. If we pull away, then how will "our people" ever rise up as a whole? Maybe that's never going to happen anyway.. But he saying to cut off the dead weight of the black community. Then he's saying, stop marching in the streets when these hoodlums are gunned down by police.. He's asking "black people" to let "niggers" fight their own battles. But he's also acknowledging that they don't have the tools to do so. I'm glad I'm black, but I just can't turn away from the plight of so-called niggers. That's crazy talk.

Of course, we've talked about that on this blog before. Even I have questioned why we let the women on Flavor of Love embarass us. They're not LIKE me. The other interesting thing here is that when Chris Rock said he loved black people but hated niggers it was funny. I agreed immediately. Now that this dude has gathered said it in an academic tone and published it in GQ (he must not have wanted the niggers to read it, lol. I couldn't resist. ) it's like I can't agree.

You still reading this? Whatchuthink?

5 Comments:

Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

For anyone that takes time to read the article, let me know if you think it's satirical. I've found articles online saying it isn't, but that debate is open.

This guy wrote the Undercover Brother screenplay, so how seriously can we take him?

12/13/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have gone over this...but I mean it's always relevant. I think the thing we're talking about is prevalent in any ethnic/racial (i'll add racial since we're in the U.S.) group. Don't white folks talk shit about 'rednecks'? Carlos Mencia can't go an episode w/o talkin shit about 'wetbacks'? Hell i remember my Chinese professor in grad school talking about a phrase in her culture 'banana'...which is essentially an asian 'oreo' (that shit was hilarious...but i digress).

I think he's addressing the noted increase in the socio-economic gap in the country and actually in the world. All indicators point to the gaps getting wider and quite frankly people who have shit and/or have been educated generally behave differently than those who haven't and have a different focus. I think this is true in any culture.

Unfortunately I think in the black/african-american/Darkie (whatever u wanna call urself) community, the schism of 'have' culture vs. 'have not' culture is accentuated to the populace through a variety of methods. We’ve been finagled into a ‘have not’ culture or attitude being seen as our overall ethnic/racial identity culture, which is where a lot of the ‘act white’ crap comes in. If you talk/work/dress/act in a manner inconsistent with the ‘have not’ culture (i.e. don’t use slang/on time-don’t hustle-go to school/jeans fit-don’t wear the latest ‘street’ fashions/have manners-don’t hate white people-smile) you can be slapped with the ultimate insult…you’re ‘acting white’. It’s pretty ridiculous, but it’s been like that for a while.

I mean I do think in some aspects thing are changing…especially due the emergence of Rap (rather than hip hop…but that’s another convo entirely)…it’s getting cooler and cooler to act like you’re a thug/hustler to show want to ‘have’ …even though u do already ‘have’ (keepin’ it real?), and you’re acting like this because you saw it on BET. Additionally, people who grew up ‘niggerish’ are getting well compensated for it and if being that way got them to the ‘haves’, why change who you are now? For the record I think it’s perfectly legit to work like you don’t have shit when you do…that’s how u stay ahead and humble…but that’s not the issue…it’s the demeanor we’re talking about in this particular matter.

I’m a HUGE fan of being whoever the fuck you are. I think I can pretty safely say that anybody who knows me knows that I am ALL ABOUT somebody taking ‘their journey’…if I’m down with you I’m down with you no matter how ignorant/snobby/ugly/sidditty/stupid (I really really try to avoid stupid though) you are. It may be my piss poor decision…but I’ve accepted you as I’d hope you’d accept me. As much as niggerish shit upsets me sometimes, I think if you really want to see yourself as part of a greater culture or people…especially one that is trying to progress you can’t just discount a particular group. I mean we each have to live our own lives and do what we have to do for ourselves and our families, but in I don’t think I’m stepping out on a ledge by saying that there’s usually a root for ‘niggerishness’ in any culture and in many cases it can be societal issues. We can try to focus solely on ourselves but if you’re part of that society, no matter how much you try that issue is GOING to wind up biting you in the ass. It’s almost being stuck in a damn room w/ some folks and there’s a few mo fo’s off in the corner eatin onions…eventually that shit’s gon stink up the room even though you and you’re crew been off in the corner poppin’ certs…now yo ass outta certs…the rooms funky…these niggas won’t shut up and u fresh outta mints…asshole…u should seen it comin and tried to help out. That’s kinda oversimplifying things but you catch my drift. It also reminds me of an example this chic used in her book…she was talking about racism but it can apply to a variety of issues/problems. “It’s like a conveyor walkway in the airport…you can just stand there [do your own thing]…but if you’re not actively walking against it…you’re gonna keep slowly heading towards the destination [problem]” I’d like to think that me getting edumacated and workin hard is a good active approach against niggerdom though…

eh…maybe I need to just go on head n read it…it’s late and work to the day is done…lol…guess I went on a bit of a verbal tirade, and maybe a few tangents...but fk it…it’s food for thought.

“niggerish” knows no color…summarily

12/13/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, I just want to take this brief moment to summarize my thoughts on this. I can't really get it all out now because I'd be here all night, but I might be back to expound.

I think the original article is absurd. My initial reaction after reading it was anger that Esq would even print such rambling dribble. Then I learned that people were actually taking it seriously and my anger turned into sadness.

This man is clearly ignorant of the racial history of the United States as it relates to black people. His simplistic view of "the problem" with black people shows a serious lack of respect for, and/or understanding of, the current state of our racial identity and the contributing factors that shape it. To decide that all Black people who have respect for Jesse Jackson, or who are involved in street violence, or have dropped out of high-school are all unintelligent, unmotivated, unworthy human beings while implying that those Black people with rightist views, college educations and a clean record are the only people matter shows a sad mix of lack-of-exposure and closed minded thinking. It's not an uncommon occurrence but it should preclude any such individual from being offered up as some sort of spokesperson with a solution to the plight of Black people in the U.S.

12/13/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I did consider that it could be a satire but it does not read like one at all. I wish I could believe it was satirical.

12/13/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow didn't know he wrote the undercover brother screenplay (is he black?)...I didn't think it was satirical before i heard that...now who knows?

But it is an interesting prospect, but it seems to me the same thing is happening in America that happened in say Rwanda. We are getting separated into 2 tribes of African Americans....Black people and niggers...one group is superior (black people) but how long before there would be a "nigger uprising"? I mean obviously if you use his terms (nigger on nigger crime is at an all time high) so would this delineation between the two cause a creation of nigger on black crime?

My main prob with this whole argument, while it is funny at times, like during Rock's comedy show...had rings some semblance of reality...but the fact that while I may set myself up to be a Black man and say "fuck niggers"...when i leave my house and am walking on the street...white people generally still think...

Ima nigger...
ironic huh?

so this is a total dumb argument for black people to even have. Ive never worried about Blacks giving me my respect and worth as a human..its those white folk Im usually concerned about...and regardless of how many degrees I have how well i treat my kids...im still a nigger...i mean shit if MLK can be one why wouldn't I?

But in summation, I find myself in atsui's shoes in that I prob have qualities of both that the writer discuss and I DAMN sure know more people that he would place in the nigger category.

Do I wish more Blacks would go to school? yes, Do i wish more would look past what today has to offer yea? Does that make them less of a human and less significant than myself? hell naw

Like twizz I like folk to do what they do...and I'll worry bout myself

No one...especially white folk and assholes like the author of that "manifesto" EVER want to look at racial history in this country...Slavery ended 1865...There was NO CIVIL RIGHTS AMENDMENT TILL 100 YEARS LATER in 1964...and in 1990's there was supreme court case b/c 4 states were STILL not following Brown v. Board nearly 40 years later...so everything supposed to be kosher w/us when shit our parents and maybe even our older siblings lived in a substandard society??? (keeping in mind most of our parents aren't senior citizens yet)

How bout he discuss/research that shit rather than creatin fodder for these prejudiced pricks out here...

ok sorry bout that whewww got a lil fiyadd up...

12/14/2006  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home