Homophobic counseling -since when?
Listen, something about the hoopla surrounding Isaiah Washington has me deeply bothered. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't we all in agreement that while it may be OK to be gay and you have the right to love who you want, it's still not exactly cool? Why should he go to counseling for saying "faggot"? Isn't the agreement that you can come out of the closet but sometimes people may call you names, much like other groups that face discrimination daily? You mean to tell me their isn't a spick or nigger out there who could sign up a few coworkers for counseling? How about bitches? I've been called that by a coworker and I remember the day a coworker of mine was called a nigger-bitch by her supervisor.. he didn't go to counseling. What ever happened to the adage "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me." (I'm sure someone will correct that for me in the comment section.)
I mean, if I'm way off here.. then maybe I should seek counseling. Why the hell should this guy go to counseling because he uses homophobic language? I mean, is he beating gay people up on the weekends or what? Is there an alcoholic beverage that he drinks like haterade that makes him all like "I hate gays.." -that's it! He's drunk from sipping on gayhaterade. Counseling is expensive. He MUST have some other problem he's coping with, because this is just crazy. What are they going to sort out in these counseling sessions anyway.. why he shouldn't care who his coworkers sleep with? I mean at the end of the day, the only difference between him and many other heteros is that he says homophobic stuff to his gay coworker's face. We're all smarter than that. Plus, honestly, I have no desire to call anyone out of their name. Well, I surely have the desire at times, but never have. Well, not to their face anyway.
I'm just feeling like gay people are being protected from hurt and harm above any other group in the nation. If someone calls you a name, they should be reprimanded and maybe even fired if it's that severe. I know that T.R. Knight isn't pushing Isaiah into rehab, but who is? Is this the producers trying to give him a chance? I wonder if they'll try to convert him into the gay lifestyle while he's there?
Isaiah's Homophobic Rehab Schedule
- 8-9 a.m. breakfast in group setting with gay men.
- 9-10 a.m. Breakout sessions
- - Intro to drag
- - History of homosexuality and religion
- - Gay vs. Black American Civil Rights Movement
- 11- 12:30 p.m. Watch gay porn
- 12:30- 1 p.m. break/private time
- 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. Group session, discuss any homophobic thoughts you had today and how gay porn made you feel.
- 3:30 -6 p.m. Shopping
- 6:30 -8 p.m. Dinner and chores: Refill penis-shaped salt and pepper shakers
- 8-9 p.m. TV time ("Will & Grace" reruns,"Queer As Folk," "Oz" "Six Feet Under" "Project Runway" "America's Next Top Model")
- 9:30 - 11 p.m. Late night group session
- Midnight movie: Brokeback Mountain