Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Here comes Obama...


So, they say that Barack Obama has filed the necessary paperwork to start raising money for a presidential campaign in 08.. Hooray! Not because I think he'll win, just because it's exciting to have such a strong, sexy, sophisticated and exciting competitor in the game. It's like Michael Jordan's last comeback attempt with the Wizards.. They didn't win shit, but it was still fun to watch. That's not one of my best analogies..

Anyway, besides being a biracial Black man, born to an immigrant father (from Kenya, no less!) and only 45 years old.. I've been wondering about some of the dumb reasons the fickle American voters will come up with to explain why they don't feel comfortable putting thier country in the hot hands, of this handsome senator.

4. Many Americans view his home state of Hawaii as an un-American exotic destination. This can't help.
3. He's always opposed the war, but when American's get in the voting booth they're all like, "who's the biggest warmonger on the ballet? hmmm..."
2. His foxyness and charisma may remind people of Bill Clinton, you see where that charm got him.
1. His name sounds a lot like Osama.. as in Bin Laden.

That said, I won't be missing the primary voting date on this race!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

But America forgot about Osama, so you need another #1. :-)

1/16/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me want to register to vote where I live so that my vote will count...

1/17/2007  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

Well shit, if I can encourage a sensible citizen to register to vote and actually vote- I can stop blogging now. Let me know how that works out.

1/17/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to be optimistic about this thing...but my common sense and African American history just won't let me...

that bein said...i kinda talked about my opinion of voting durin a post back in Nov...but if he win this dem nomination i will def be lining up to vote in '08

1/17/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home