Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Mos Def's worst CD


He named it True Magic, which seems to be quite fitting. Mos's last album magically appeared in stores with zero promotion and not even a beat on the radio, then it will magically disappear from shelves as Geffen Records just recalled it.

I've heard of a bad idea, a poor drop date but never an album so bad that they take it back! You recall products that explode or maim people. I mean, many great albums burn slow and then get a re-release with remixes or one special track when it picks up popularity in a year or so. Not True Magic! I'm actually listening to it right now..I don't know what I think yet. Nothing's been great, but that's how his last joint The New Danger hit me too. Billboard, New York Times (like they know shit) and others gave this album a bad review, saying it was rushed and unfinshed. I'll be the judge of that.

The first thing I notice is that he's actually rapping. I think that's a step in the right direction for Mos. He still sounds sexy! But like The New Danger, this would have to grow on you.

Anyone else got a copy?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home