Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

White Rappers




So my friend RSH has been watching more VH1 than I can stomach. She's had this to say about the White Rapper Show, which I've seen been honestly can't stay tuned to once a commercial comes on.

On the "White Rapper Show", a stylist came in to show the kids how to be "gully thugs". He has styled Busta and Missy, so I guess we're supposed to think he's legit. He said that hip hop style came from people being locked up and not being given shoe laces or belts. Then he said that they took that and made it into a postive.

I'm so sick of people saying that people made something positive!

Seriously who sat and thought, I'm going to start dressing like my locked up homies so that I can honor them? Or did they think, I'll have my pants droop off my ass so that when my homie gets out he feels like he never left?

Funniest part was that one dude pointed out that before the makeover he had on shorts that almost came to his ankles (like jean man capris) with a black t-shirt. After the makeover, he had on shorts that almost came to his ankles with a black t-shirt. Oh...they added a white bandana.

These cats are getting punked. What do they really think winning is on this show?

4 Comments:

Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

This makes me want to watch the show. I've heard that sagging pants comes from prisoners being denied belts, but I missed the memo on this being a positive thing.

Just this week I was bitching as I watched Wyclef prancing around on the Grammys with his booty hanging out of his pants. I was like, why's he dressing like an idiot? That's just not a good look.. and it's not a positive. Because people want to imitate you that makes it positive I guess.

These kids look clueless.
But I can't help but wonder if Buck Wild from Flavor of Love Season 2 really meant to audition for this show and got confused.

2/15/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also think that people are confused about the difference btwn positive role models and negative role models.
Russell Simmons- positive. Young Jeezy- negative. Jay-Z-eh, that's a risky role model. Likelihood of following his path is slim.
- It's like that.

2/15/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and that's the way it is

2/15/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea back when I was in 6th grade and sagging 1st became fashionable my grandpops pulled me to the side and asked me "do u know where this fad came from"
me: Jodeci?
grandpops.."well...no, people in jail used to make their "sissys" sag their pants so other fellas in the yard would know they are "taken"...so by sagging your pants you are in essence saying you want a man to fuck you...do u want to be a sissy?"
me: ummm no (slightly pulling up pants as I walk away).

But I digress. I really like the white rapper show. the problem I find with the show is that there was not enough talent. I think the final 6 that were left were the best BY far. I think upcoming seasons will def be a lot better
And people say they are being played...but I think its almost like they are getting hazed b/c it will def b rough being a white rapper...getting respect and all.

2/15/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home