Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

More Michael Moore

I ran across this neat article on Newsweek.com and it's about Michael Moore giving $12,000 to his biggest hater. This guy runs a popular anti-Michael Moore Web site and he started posting about
how he's nearly bankrupt because of his wife's medical bills. Mike's new documentary shows the posts and the fact that he got the money, but he never knew until recently that the money was from the man he hates the most, my BFF Michael Moore.

When they guy was tipped that the money could be from Michael Moore, he came off all grumpy as if to say, thanks, jerk.

If this was Moore behind it all, then I have to say...nice try, dude, but I’m not going to play your game. You can call it a cost of promotion. This site has sold more books and DVDs for you than that $12,000 could ever buy. You’ve gotten your money’s worth. If it was you, Mikey...your $12,000 doesn’t buy my silence. It won’t buy my affection, nor will I shy away from talking about whatever may or may not be in your new film. I’ll still be the same guy, expressing my opinion and trying his best to research facts you tend to skip over or ignore.
That is just part of his response. Of course, he's a little more grateful and understanding of Michael's motives in his interview with Newsweek.

In the end it reduced the stress on my wife, and taking away even one of her worries—in this case it made it possible for us to pay off everything faster than we'd planned—is worth a lot. Besides, Mike's not the devil or anything. It's not like Joe Stalin made me an offer! He's a guy who sees value in us being out there, analyzing his work and asking questions.

I don't care who gives me $12,000 in a time of need. I would be happy. Despite that person's motives, your need for that cash was greater.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michael Moore sucks.

6/14/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's funny...not 'yalc's comments but moore givin the guy 12 g's. You gotta figure if anybody doesn't mind a lil fact checking it's him right. I have to say i'm not a Mike Moore 'fan' per se but I appreciate the fact he's passionate about the shit he believes in. He's kind of like a "Truth" ad director...except he doesn't just focus on cigarettes. Sure he takes it a bit far sometimes and may even take a few liberties w/ the facts...but you can't really deny his core points...and I think that's why he goes about things the way he does...to bring attention to a core point.

As a sidenote...i wish I could hate on somebody and get $12g's...maybe if I call talk shit about Atsui she'll bring me some liqour and jerk chicken this weekend?

6/15/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was pretty insightful yalc!

*Firm handshake* Twizz

I can never hate on another dude who is passionate about something and the core where his passion lies is generally the right thing...

6/15/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home