Militant Black Toast

By Any Means Necessary

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Trying not to be a stranger


So.. this weekend I went to Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA. It's not as cool as the Tampa version of the park, but it's aight. And I can drive to it. It's not all about roller coasters at this park, but Tampa has lots of animals to keep you busy in between roller coasters. So, I'm thinking.. I haven't been since I was a kid. I'll drink beer. I mean it is Anheuser-Busch's park. This company brews more than 60 varieties of beer and pu$$y drinks like Bacardi Silver, Doc's Hard Lemonade and O'Douls. Let's not even talk about the microbrews & int'l brands they're distributing. What do they serve in their amusement parks? A cute selection of Bud Light, Amber Bock, Budweiser, O'Douls, probably Michelob. I don't even remember.. the point is that it was a weak and limited selection. They get a thumbs down for not serving a wider selection and two thumbs down for selling their own beer at a higher price in their OWN park than outside retailers. Give us a break. Adults pay $50 at least and you can't give us a discount on beer? OK, I understand the bottle prices could be set, but I can't get a deal on the drafts? Geesh..

The other thing that struck me, and other people I overheard, was the amount of people who brought infants and newborns out to the park in 90+ degree weather. Why? It's hot and they're just eating and pooping. Now you're changing diapers and breast feeding in the hot-ass sun. Babies don't want salty breast milk! (Clearly I don't know anything about breast feeding, but I know that the body gets salty tasting in the heat.) Seems like a good excuse to save $50 and watch the baby in the hotel.

Hmm.. what else? I had one of those Stouffer's Corner Bistro panini sandwiches for lunch. Man, if you haven't tried it and your pockets are slim, these things are pretty damn good. First they've utilized this trippy technology that makes your microwave act like a grill. It's a silver-color paper disc that the sandwich sits on. Then when you fold it up you see that the plate left little streaks and it looks like it's been grilled. I was impressed. This was my second one and it didn't let me down.

I've clearly ran out of shit to discuss.. talk to ya later.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Atsui...
what a RELEVANT post for the day...

Me and the fellas are going to Busch Gardens this weekend, and I must say I am VERY disheartened, I just KNEWWWW the brew was going to be nice cheap and good...

DAMMIT...what were the drafts running?? more than $5??

What about the rides? Which was your fave??

and yes those panini's are off the chain...when I was in DC they held me down last summer...they would go on sale at Super fresh for like $2 a piece...def the best lunch meal on the market right now

6/20/2007  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

Try $4-$6.. per cup.

My fave rides: Big Bad Wolf,Alpenhiest (or something with a snowy sounding name).

Apollo's Chariot got good reviews. The Griffin just opened this year, but like I may have said, it's basically like the Drop Zone with a few twists thrown in. It takes you to the top, holds you and drops you from a 90-degree angle for a couple hundred feet... twice.

wackest ride i waited for: Dark Castle or something like that. Do that only if you're looking to burn some time and let your food settle. It's a 3-D ride with a crazy long line.

6/20/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ahh but Griffon is also the first floorless dive coaster in the world, the tallest dive coaster in the world, and the only dive coaster in the world with two inversions.


Yesplease.

6/20/2007  
Blogger Atsui_Gal said...

first this, second that, made out of recycled metal from Thailand..who cares. Is it fun? That's all that matters. I don't think it's my thing, but let me know what u think.

6/21/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

...i sure hope you're just being grumpy Atsui...cuz you didn't sound like u had a blast at all.

I'm just gonna assume your company wasn't as fun-loving and entertaining as ours will be! Which may be the X factor in having a qual-o-tay time

6/22/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you guys becareful. a girl lost her feet this week.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/06/22/six.flags.accident/index.html

6/22/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ummm... I'd just like to take a moment to go on record and say that atsui's review of Busch Gardens was the the most wrong assessment I can remember.

They had plenty of beer, including the ever-popular Free Beer. The Griffon ride was slammin, as was the Haunted House 3D ride...

6/25/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*firm handshake* Champ...

they had FREE beer...and if we wouldve stayed a few hours longer we could have had free beer not once but TWICE...

when you add that to the HOARD of buxom co-eds gallivanting around...

who needs rides?? They were like an added bonus to pass time between ooglin over women and drinkin BEER and eating bratwurst

Next to Universal Studios in Orlando I don't think Ive had more fun at a theme park

6/25/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shouts to the O. :-) I love Universal's Islands of Adventure. The Hulk, Dueling Dragons and Spider Man are great great great.

6/25/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

well...i guess i'll chime in. I'm sorry to say I three...must completely disagree with your assesment of the Busch. I love Busch (and i mean that in any way u choose to take it). I got put on to new beer...and it was free...the weather was nice...the company was great..the rides were worth the wait even if they werent the best i've ever been on (U trippin on that Griffon..that drop was SIIIIICK).

panini's agree...busch disagree....summarily

RSH you just gonnna have to come up here n judge for yourself

6/25/2007  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home